You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Is flying the Concorde not allowed?

Rockwell Stein 1381741

Rockwell Stein 1381741
Posted
Posted

I wanted to do some flights using the freeware Concorde, however I was unsure if it was allowed or not, as I haven't seen anyone do it before.

Norman Blackburn
Posted
Posted

Hi Roickwell,

Concorde is very much still alive and flying the virtual skies here at VATSIM.

• Like 1

Norman

sig_FSLBetaTester.jpg

Andreas Fuchs
Posted
Posted (edited)

And when crossing the Atlantic you can use the good old Concorde tracks: https://vatsim.uk/oceanic-procedures/

Search the internet for pictures and the terms "concorde north atlantic tracks chart map" - you'll find things like this:

http://www.worldairops.com/NAT/docs/NAT_Interest_AFConcordeTracksMap.jpg

Edited by Guest

Randy Tyndall 1087023
Posted
Posted

Flew the SSTSIM Concorde just yesterday from Narita to Singapore. Short flight, lower fuel level, favorable winds...first time I have made it up to 58,000 feet. Quite enjoyable. Concorde is very much alive and well on VATSIM.

Randy

Randy Tyndall - KBOI

ZLA I-11/vACC Portugal P4

“A ship is always safe in the harbor. But that’s not why they build ships” --Michael Bevington ID 814931, Former VATSIM Board of Governors Vice President of Pilot Training

Johan Grauers
Posted
Posted

It is certainly allowed.

All I will say though is Concorde is not an aircraft for the lazy or the faint hearted. It takes a lot of hard work to make concord work and it's got no fancy automation to help at all. Basically what I'm saying is if anyone new is reading this, by all means go for a concorde flight. But do it only when you feel 100% comfortable with all the other bits of vatsim, talking to ATC, flying a SID and a STAR (including vertical restrictions!), reading charts, finding your way around on the ground, and so on.

If you haven't nailed all the basics I think you will find it very hard to keep up with concorde. However if you want a challenge then you've got it. And if you manage to do it even to a basic level then you're far better of a concorde pilot than I am for sure

Johan Grauers

Event Coordinator - vACC Scandinavia

Andrew Morkunas
Posted
Posted

Controllers at KJFK know how to handle the Concorde and love to say "Speedbird Concorde 192 HEAVY - fly the Canarsie Climb, wind 310@10 runway 31L cleared for take off."

For shame the Concorde pilot who does not know the Canarsie Climb.

Andrew Morkunas

spacer.png

Twitch: padre_andrew ATC Simulations

Jonathan Fong
Posted
Posted

Flying Concorde is absolutely allowed on VATSIM, no question about it. I fly Concorde often (the payware FSLabs version, though) and have always been welcomed with open arms wherever I fly.

Robert Shearman Jr
Posted
Posted

Not long ago I heard ZNY guiding BOTH "Speedbird Concorde One" AND "Speedbird Concorde Zero-Zero-One" in for their descents into Kennedy. Made me laugh. But yes, they're out there regularly if you know where to look. KJFK seems to see a fair amount of Concorde traffic.

Cheers,
-R.

fvJfs7z.png

• 3 years later...
henrik kjærstad
Posted
Posted

I'm flying the Concorde almost every day, I'm looking forward  to start flying it on vatsim. but that is the differences with the Concorde and a320 on atc. so that different should u say on frequency.