You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

[BUG] Quicklook

Josh Glottmann

Josh Glottmann
Posted
Posted

It seems that quicklook just doesn't function as intended. I was quicklooking a sector last night and it would only show aircraft's full data block when they were handed off from one sector.

Also, when unquicklooking a sector, all the aircraft continued to show full data blocks (maybe this is how it works?).

Are you required to use the same/very similar POFs in order for quicklook to work properly?

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

What do you mean by "one sector"? Please be very specific with bug reports.

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Josh Glottmann
Posted
Posted

An aircraft was handed off from SFO_B_APP (2B) to SFO_W_APP (2W). Another aircraft was handed off from SFO_N_APP (2N) to 2W. I was quicklooking 2W. Aircraft handed off from 2N had full datablocks while aircraft handed off from 2B had limited datablocks.

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

I'm sure there is an explanation ... I didn't change anything as far as quicklook goes in the beta version. Quicklook has been the way it is since the initial release. Are you saying this is a new issue or could you maybe just not have noticed it in the past?

Josh Glottmann
Posted
Posted
I'm sure there is an explanation ... I didn't change anything as far as quicklook goes in the beta version. Quicklook has been the way it is since the initial release. Are you saying this is a new issue or could you maybe just not have noticed it in the past?

Could have just not noticed in the past.

I will do some testing tonight. Does having the same/different POF affect anything?

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

No, only your POF comes into play.

Josh Glottmann
Posted
Posted
It seems that quicklook just doesn't function as intended. I was quicklooking a sector last night and it would only show aircraft's full data block when they were handed off from one sector.

This worked as intended when I tested it tonight, I don't know why it didn't work last night.

It seems that once you quicklook a sector, all those aircraft will continue to always have full data blocks, even if the aircraft's track is dropped, the aircraft is handed off, or if you stop quicklooking the sector. I don't know if this is the intended function, but that is what is happening.

Dhruv Kalra
Posted
Posted

I've noticed this as well where Quick Look will intermittently not display full datablocks for the quick-looked position. We noticed it quite prominently during our last MSP event (using vSTARS 1.0) where an unused scope we used for livestreaming the TRACON was quicklooking both final positions (1N and 1S), but we had to manually force full datablocks periodically. Unfortunately the twitch video has expired and isn't available anymore.

I'll try and reproduce as well as get you screenshots/video supporting this.

Dhruv Kalra

VATUSA ZMP ATM | Instructor | VATSIM Network Supervisor

878508.png878508.png

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

Try to think about what else those tracks have in common ... such as, were they previously tracked by the quicklooked sector, or by a non-quicklooked sector, or were they departures from a primary or satellite airport, etc.