You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

PTT is not working

Paresh Bhatewara

Paresh Bhatewara
Posted
Posted

Hi All,

My PTT key is not working. Whatever key I set up, the TX light does not go red, when I press the key. I restarted the machine, re-installed VRC, but no luck. It was working fine earlier, but stopped working suddenly, when I lost internet in the middle of a controlling session 3 days back. It is not working after that.

I do not know what to do. Please help.

-Paresh.

Russell DeSpain 1292757
Posted
Posted

I would suggest re-binding your PTT key to another key in the settings and verify your microphone configuration (calibrate).

Paresh Bhatewara
Posted
Posted

I did that already, but it did not work. I think that the problem is related to sound. I think that VRC is not able to connect to the sounds on my laptop. If I monitor a frequency, and use headset, I do not hear anything. Then when I uncheck RX, the checkbox on Headset goes off. I again uncheck RX, but it will never get unchecked, how many times may I try. also the headset checkbox then goes gray and I cannot click on it. I also got the error on one occasion - here is a dump file - https://www.sendspace.com/file/aw0za3.

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

Sounds like something may be blocking VRC's connection to the voice server. If you are running any firewall software, I would check to make sure VRC is allowed to make outgoing connections.

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Paresh Bhatewara
Posted
Posted

I will try adding exception to firewall.