You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Hoppie (ACARS/CPDLC) experts question please ? SOUND ALERT

Ittai Arnon

Ittai Arnon
Posted
Posted

Hi threre,

I been using Hoppie CPDLC and it is working great

The only issue is that there is no option to had sound alert when new m[Mod - Happy Thoughts]age arrive

A bleep or a sound is very much needed and I would appreciate any help if someone have any idea how to do it ?

Thank you.

Ittai Arnon

David Zhong
Posted
Posted

Just be thankful that you don't have the sound alert that was on it a few years ago. When it sounded, you either had burst eardrums, a heart attack or both!

David Zhong

Andreas Fuchs
Posted
Posted

Hello Ittai,

if you are using the ACARS Airborne Client, just go to the Setup menu of it. There you will be able to define any sound and even the volume can be changed, if I am not mistaken.

Let me knowmif you cannot find it. I am travelling at this time, will be back home tomorrow night and then able to provide better support.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...
Ittai Arnon
Posted
Posted (edited)

After many years came back using Hoppie and still can't find where to change incoming massage sound.

will appreciate any idea ?

thx

Edited by Ittai Arnon

Ittai Arnon

Andreas Fuchs
Posted
Posted

In Windows change the "standard warning sound" to what you would like to hear as a notification for your Hoppie Airborne Client. I am using a German Version of Windows and the item is called "Standardton Warnsignal".