You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Problem Connecting

Robert Catherall 1383780

Robert Catherall 1383780
Posted
Posted

I seem to have a problem connecting. When I attempt to connect and file a flight plan I end up as an "observer" and not a Pilot. As you can see I'm new to VATSIM. I've made two flights and the first logged me as a pilot but the second logged me as an observer. What am I doing wrong.

Robert

Ryan Geckler
Posted
Posted

Did you check the observer box when you connect to the network via vPilot?

Ryan Geckler - GK | Former VATUSA3 - Division Training Manager

VATSIM Minneapolis ARTCC | FAA Miami ARTCC 

Robert Catherall 1383780
Posted
Posted

Ha I think I see where I've gone wrong. When I click connect I get a Connect Box. In it I have Recent Aircraft. If I click to open this I see "CXA(C208)" and also have the option to set "CXA(C208) - Observer Mode". I guess when I clicked "Connect" it was in "CXA(208) - Observer Mode" instead of having it in "CXA(C208) or I had the Box "Connect in shared cockpit mode (observer mode) Clicked. Is this where I had the problem?

Ryan Geckler
Posted
Posted

Most likely, yes.

Ryan Geckler - GK | Former VATUSA3 - Division Training Manager

VATSIM Minneapolis ARTCC | FAA Miami ARTCC 

Jonathan Fong
Posted
Posted

With vPilot, when you press the 'connect' button, in the dialog box that pops up, there should be a checkbox named 'Connect in shared cockpit mode (Observer mode)'. Make sure that this is unchecked (unless, of course, you are doing shared cockpit and are the p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]ive pilot, but that's a different story).