You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

COM Check wit vpilot

Juergen Mader

Juergen Mader
Posted
Posted

Question:

What is the best way to check communications and particular private network messaging with VPILOT prior to flying on VATSIM?

Explanation:

I recently flew from KTPA to KCLT wit no controller before I left. After departure MIA Center came alive and I tried to contact the, but he was to busy. I shortly left his FIR and tuned to 122.8 Unicom. A VATSIM supervisor supposedly tried to contact me via private messages, however either I didn't get them or I missed them. Whichever, I was "forcefully removed' from the network (and accused of leaving the computer, which I didn't).

Thanks for anwsering

Brgds

Juergen Mader

Bradford Lee
Posted
Posted

Hi Juergen,

If you were forcibly removed from the network by a supervisor or administrator, then that SUP/ADM would have sent you an email stating why. I would recommend reviewing that email and if you are still confused, contact that supervisor to see what additional information they can provide you. If you feel the supervisor acted improperly, you can always contact the VP of Supervisors, Tim Barber, at [email protected]

Brad Lee

spacer.png

ZJX ARTCC

Ernesto Alvarez 818262
Posted
Posted

if you cant reach the controller on voice because they are busy, ALWAYS try to do so via text. this way at least you have a transcript that you can show you indeed did try to contact them and got no reply if asked about it later (from a supervisor for example)

on your pilot client, your private messages will be added with a new tab over the comm window