You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

XSquawkBox 1.3.2 release imminent

Christopher Collins

Christopher Collins
Posted
Posted

I've finally managed to get XSB building on Windows again (after a compiler and build-chain upgrade that only broke Windows - sorry Linux/OSX guys) - The long-awaited 1.3.2 release - which is only a security/bugfix release - should be released by Sunday night (AEDT) [Mod - Happy Thoughts]uming I don't turn up any major bugs before then.

This is a relatively small, but very important release.

This release will address two major issues:

• The issue where XSB forces the weather mode to global and clear when the update interval is set to 0 has been resolved
  • A number of potential buffer-overflows have been identified and the code has been patched to truncate overlength strings in all cases.

In addition to the above, all of the open-source dependencies that XSB uses (namely, zlib, libpng, libcurl, pcre) have been updated to their latest compatible releases, bringing any bugfixes or security fixes along with them.

Finally, the XPlane Multiplayer code has been updated (again!) to share the most recent changes by the Swift project.

I will post links and update the XSquawkbox website when 1.3.2 has been tested and packaged for release.

XSquawkBox - Developer/Maintainer

Please post any support related questions to the XSquawkBox support forum rather than private messaging me, thanks.

Denis Brown
Posted
Posted

This is good news, thank you.

benxiang wang 1355043
Posted
Posted

That's great! I would like to update soon u released!

Christopher Collins
Posted
Posted
...The long-awaited 1.3.2 release - which is only a security/bugfix release - should be released by Sunday night (AEDT) [Mod - Happy Thoughts]uming I don't turn up any major bugs before then.

I've stumbled into a subtle bug from some refactoring and I'll have to push back the release a few days whilst I retest everything. Sorry everybody.

On the upside, the integration testing with the updated multiplayer code has been excellent - this new code includes asynchronous loading for CSLs courtesy of the swift project - in real world terms, this means you can now fill your CSL directory with a huge library of models, and XSquawkBox will only load what it needs, when it needs it. This is a big improvement over past releases where previously using a large CSL library resulted in very slow start-up times, and significant memory consumption. Unfortunately, this support requires features that are unavailable on old versions of MacOS - 10.8 is now the minimum version supported.

Please post any support related questions to the XSquawkBox support forum rather than private messaging me, thanks.

Tom Stian Bjerk 853618
Posted
Posted

Looking forward to the release.

Just a short question. Is the MAX_TCAS_ALTDIFF increased in the new version ? So we dont have the limitation of only see traffic +/- 5000ft on the TCAS.

Thanks.

Tom Knudsen
Posted
Posted

Looking forward to it, but as you most likely know by now, there is a huge bug in the system that p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]s weather data. Makes XSB crash X-Plane 10 to desktop

viewtopic.php?f=36&t=73509

Controller 1 - VATSIM Scandinavia 

Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula - Intel i9-9900K - Asus ROG STRIX RTX 2080TI - G-Skill 64GB DDR4 3600Mhz - 1x 1TBSSD, 2x 1TM2, 12TBSATA

Tom Knudsen
Posted
Posted

What defines an imminent release?

Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula - Intel i9-9900K - Asus ROG STRIX RTX 2080TI - G-Skill 64GB DDR4 3600Mhz - 1x 1TBSSD, 2x 1TM2, 12TBSATA

Andrew Morkunas
Posted
Posted

The release should be swift.

Andrew Morkunas

spacer.png

Twitch: padre_andrew ATC Simulations

Mathew Sutcliffe
Posted
Posted

Good one

swift - Developer

Camden Bruno
Posted
Posted

Lol - clever

Cam B.
VATSIM Supervisor

benxiang wang 1355043
Posted
Posted

still no certainly date for release?

Tom Knudsen
Posted
Posted
1.3.2 has been tested and packaged for release

Posted 6th of march, today its 16 of march. Short time in the eyes of the coders.

Christopher Collins
Posted
Posted
still no certainly date for release?

Give me a chance - this isn't a paying job.

... and now it's released - please see the new thread for details.