You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

My Traffic Model Matching

Lucas Gozzard 1029695

Lucas Gozzard 1029695
Posted
Posted

Hi All,

I have just installed the latest version of My Traffic and I am still seeing generic A321 models and aircraft with no liveries when connected to Vatsim via V Pilot 2.0.

It automatically scanned for new models after it was installed. Am I missing a step?

Thanks.

Lucas.

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

If you go into the model matching settings, under advanced, it will show you the folders that it found during the scan, and how many of the models it identified. It can only use the identified ones for model matching. Does it show that most of the MyTraffic models were identified?

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Lucas Gozzard 1029695
Posted
Posted

Hi,

Yes it looks like it has identified the My Traffic models under SimObjects/Airplanes. Weird why I can't see those when connected to Vatsim.

Lucas.

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

When you have some aircraft nearby, enter the ".aircraft" command. This will show a list of all the aircraft nearby and what they have sent to the network for their aircraft type. Take a screenshot and post it here. Then we can get a better idea of whether or not this is a problem with vPilot not using your MyTraffic models versus maybe the users nearby not using the right aircraft type or callsign.

Lucas Gozzard 1029695
Posted
Posted

Ok will do.

When I'm next online I'll have a look and send you the results.

Thanks.

Lucas.

Lucas Gozzard 1029695
Posted
Posted

Hi Ross,

I have a couple of screenshots ready to post. However, I'm not sure how to upload the images. Can you guide me?

Thanks.

Lucas.

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

You can't upload them here, you need to use one of the many third party web sites for hosting images.

Lucas Gozzard 1029695
Posted
Posted

Ok Ross. I have done that.

Please see links below for 3 screenshots. As you can see the aircraft codes seem to be correct?

33008728520_7f72765d0a_b.jpg

33391780095_d0a8731dec_b.jpg

33008728850_dc85ee87db_b.jpg

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

Can you also post a screenshot of the settings window, under the Model Matching -> Advanced section, where it shows the identified count for MyTraffic models?

Lucas Gozzard 1029695
Posted
Posted

Here it is Ross. Unfortunately the window doesn't expand.

33257781522_3d68a6dcfd_z.jpgCapture4 by Lucas Gozzard, on Flickr

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

If your MyTraffic models are installed in SimObjects\Airplanes, I would expect to see a lot more than 583 for the model count. Doesn't MyTraffic have several thousand models?

Lucas Gozzard 1029695
Posted
Posted

Yeah I agree. Yes there are.

This looks like the folder where the aircraft are stored? How would I get V Pilot to recognise this folder?

33388249696_78b5fcabda_b.jpgCapture5 by Lucas Gozzard, on Flickr

Lucas.

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

Ahh, so the models are NOT in SimObjects\Airplanes. They are in their own separate folder outside of the sim. vPilot should still be scanning that folder, [Mod - Happy Thoughts]uming that folder is listed in your FSX.cfg file. (Or your SimObjects.cfg file if you're using P3D.) I'm betting that it's not.

Lucas Gozzard 1029695
Posted
Posted

Hi Ross,

Not sure if it's listed in my FSX.cfg file? Where in that file should I be looking? The My Traffic aircraft appear when switched on so it must be in the FSX.cfg file? Doesn't look V Pilot is scanning that folder no.

Lucas.

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

In fsx.cfg, in the [main] section, look for lines beginning with "simobjectpaths.". Paste them here, or put the fsx.cfg file up somewhere that I can download it.

Lucas Gozzard 1029695
Posted
Posted

OK I've looked.

Hopefully this link works to access my fsx.cfg file.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/k97p4qs7xx6vff6/fsx.CFG?dl=0

Lucas.

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

Looks like the problem is that you have a duplicate simobjectspaths definition in your cfg file:

SimObjectPaths.0=SimObjects\Airplanes
SimObjectPaths.1=SimObjects\Rotorcraft
SimObjectPaths.2=SimObjects\GroundVehicles
SimObjectPaths.3=SimObjects\Boats
SimObjectPaths.4=SimObjects\Animals
SimObjectPaths.5=SimObjects\Misc
SimObjectPaths.6=C:\Program Files (x86)\12bPilot\SODE\data\SimObjects
SimObjectPaths.7="C:\MyTraffic Professional\MyTraffic\Aircraft"
SimObjectPaths.7=C:\ProgramData\12bPilot\SODE\SimObjects

You see how the last two lines both have 7 as their index? The later one is overwriting the earlier one. That's why vPilot sees the SODE path but not the MyTraffic path.

Change the last one to an eight and then the MyTraffic models should be recognized by vPilot. Like this:

SimObjectPaths.7="C:\MyTraffic Professional\MyTraffic\Aircraft"
SimObjectPaths.8=C:\ProgramData\12bPilot\SODE\SimObjects

Lucas Gozzard 1029695
Posted
Posted

Aaah ok!! I can see that it is now picking up the My Traffic folder:

33431492275_28b4616ee7_z.jpgCapture6 by Lucas Gozzard, on Flickr

Will let you know next time I do a flight on the network.

Cheers.

Lucas.

Lucas Gozzard 1029695
Posted
Posted

Hi Ross,

Good news. All fixed!!! Thanks for your help.

Lucas.

• 3 months later...
Zsolt Monostori 1145331
Posted
Posted

Hello guys,

I believe I have a somewhat similar problem. I'd appreciate if you could help me out.

Just installed Prepar 3D v4 as well as the most recent VPilot release 2.1.6.0 in order to be able to see other users while flying online.

My AI package is MyTraffic 6. I managed to install MyTraffic 6 into Prepar3D v4 by creating an add-on.xml file and it does work fine. But for some reason Vpilot does not recognize any of these models. In fact their folder is not even in the Model Matching list under the "Advanced" menu, where, only the Simobjects/Airplanes folder shows up.

MyTraffic installed its models outside of this folder, in my particular case, into E:/MyTraffic Professional/MyTraffic/Aircraft folder. Is there any way to get Vpilot recognize and scan this folder so that it is added to the Model Matching choices?

Thank you kindly for your [Mod - Happy Thoughts]istance!

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

vPilot scans your SimObjects.cfg file to find all the locations where models are stored. You need to add an entry there. It doesn't know anything about the add-on.xml file.

Fachryan Nugraha 1373482
Posted
Posted
Hello guys,

I believe I have a somewhat similar problem. I'd appreciate if you could help me out.

Just installed Prepar 3D v4 as well as the most recent VPilot release 2.1.6.0 in order to be able to see other users while flying online.

My AI package is MyTraffic 6. I managed to install MyTraffic 6 into Prepar3D v4 by creating an add-on.xml file and it does work fine. But for some reason Vpilot does not recognize any of these models. In fact their folder is not even in the Model Matching list under the "Advanced" menu, where, only the Simobjects/Airplanes folder shows up.

MyTraffic installed its models outside of this folder, in my particular case, into E:/MyTraffic Professional/MyTraffic/Aircraft folder. Is there any way to get Vpilot recognize and scan this folder so that it is added to the Model Matching choices?

Thank you kindly for your [Mod - Happy Thoughts]istance!

you need to put this entry in your simobject.cfg

[Entry.XX]

Title=My Traffic

Path=X:\MyTraffic Professional\MyTraffic\Aircraft

Required=True

Active=True

its work for me

• 2 weeks later...
Georgi Bonchin 1394205
Posted
Posted

Hi Guys,

May I ask a similar question here? I am using mainly Aerosoft A320/321 models in my SIM. It was noticed that none of these planes were identified by vPilot. They are in SimObjects folder, registered as airplanes, but no identification.

Any idea?

Regards: Georgi

35.png

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

vPilot does not use the Aerosoft models since they are way too complex and will kill your frame rates. You only want to use models designed for AI aircraft such as World of AI, MyTraffic, Ultimate Traffic, etc.

Georgi Bonchin 1394205
Posted
Posted

I am quite confused. Sorry. What if I want to use Aerosoft models? Does it affect the performance of vPilot or the frame rate of the SIM only?

The reason for asking all this is because I am facing connection problems from the first time when started using the software. It might be Internet related, but maybe something else after reading this.

Regards: Georgi

35.png