You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Alternative to SimiliarAircraft.txt from Vpilot v1?

Yunus Aktas 1283699

Yunus Aktas 1283699
Posted
Posted

Hello there, it's me again with another Question/Request. In Vpilot v1 we had the SimiliarAircraft.txt where we could put in similiar Typecodes. is there something similiar to That in vpilot v2? i couldn't find the Text file, and having to edit the Model Matching Ruleset when someone gets the wrong Type code with the Correct airline is also a bit Annoying.

Best Regards

Yun

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

That file is now downloaded from the vPilot server and is contained in a non-editable compressed file. If you have additions to make, let me know.

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Yunus Aktas 1283699
Posted
Posted

Should i PM you wiht the "Wrong" TypeCodes or just put them in here?

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

Are they wrong codes, or similar codes? Either way, you can PM or put them in the post, doesn't matter. Just be sure to specify if they are wrong codes versus similar codes. I have a separate location in the database for wrong codes.

For wrong codes, specify what the wrong code is and what the right code is that it should point to.

For similar codes, just provide a list of codes that you think are all similar enough for model matching.

• 2 weeks later...
Yunus Aktas 1283699
Posted
Posted
Are they wrong codes, or similar codes? Either way, you can PM or put them in the post, doesn't matter. Just be sure to specify if they are wrong codes versus similar codes. I have a separate location in the database for wrong codes.

For wrong codes, specify what the wrong code is and what the right code is that it should point to.

For similar codes, just provide a list of codes that you think are all similar enough for model matching.

Depends really, sometimes i see Wrong Codes, sometimes Similiar Codes, could you maybe re-introduce the SimiliarAircraft.txt file as an Optional Feature? I can give you the Codes but it would take a little while for it to be Updated wouldn't it, and i do see some wrong codes every few flights.

But a recent similiar code i saw was: MD 82, should have been MD82

Cheers

Yun

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted
Depends really, sometimes i see Wrong Codes, sometimes Similiar Codes, could you maybe re-introduce the SimiliarAircraft.txt file as an Optional Feature?

The feature is still there, it's just that the data is now downloaded from my server rather than being part of a file. This is so that the data is centralized and everyone benefits from updates.

I can give you the Codes but it would take a little while for it to be Updated wouldn't it, and i do see some wrong codes every few flights.

No, it's very easy for me to add to the list, and vPilot downloads it automatically when I make changes.

But a recent similiar code i saw was: MD 82, should have been MD82

That would be an invalid code, not a similar code. Spaces are not valid. I'm surprised there are clients that let the user enter spaces in the type code field.

Yunus Aktas 1283699
Posted
Posted

Right, got another one, someone Connected as the type Code "B74F" probabnly meant a 747-400 Freighter/" B744"

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

Thanks, that'll be in the next update.

Yunus Aktas 1283699
Posted
Posted

And also "77F" , probably meant a 777 Cargo version

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

B77F is already in the database, aliased to B77L. I'll add it without the leading B as well.

Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...
Yunus Aktas 1283699
Posted
Posted

B77F is already in the database, aliased to B77L. I'll add it without the leading B as well.

Thanks.

Hey, got another one. "77W" probably meant "B77W"

Trevor Hannant
Posted
Posted

Hi Ross, haven't checked but I [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ume that PA28 has been referenced to P28A?

Could you also add:

TORN (should be TOR)

TYPH (should be EUFI)

Many thanks!

Trevor Hannant

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

I'm traveling at the moment and don't have ready access to the database, but I'll check on the Piper when get to my hotel. I'll also add the Tornado and Typhoon aliases then.

Thanks.

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

The Piper is already in there, and I added the TORN/TPYH aliases.

• 2 weeks later...
Ryan Parry
Posted
Posted

I don't know if it is in there but..

E170 = Embraer 170-100

E75S = Embraer 170-200 standard winglet (aka old Embraer 175)

E75L = Embraer 170-200 long winglet (aka shiny new Embraer 175)

There is no such thing as E175, it should point to E75S or E75L, but I realzie not everybody has models updated for that so E170 was the old code it used before the change happened.

Ryan Parry - 965346

spacer.png

www.pilotcentral.org | www.oakartcc.org

• 2 weeks later...
Yunus Aktas 1283699
Posted
Posted

Also

B737-800=B738

Magnus Meese
Posted
Posted

To make sure: There is no function in vPilot (software or config files) that allows you to correct mistakes or lapses in code coverage, right? I can't correct a small GA plane (i.e., ultralights is an increasing "issue" for me) displayed as an A321 in any way, for example?

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

There's no simple way ... you could create a model matching rules file that takes care of it, and vPilot will automatically re-evaluate all models when you add the file.

Magnus Meese
Posted
Posted

Right'o. I just loved to be able to quickly fix issues like these with the similar file and a reload of rules. Rule sets requires a bit more work, but it'll do!

• 2 weeks later...
Lindsey Wiebe 1101951
Posted
Posted

Hi Ross,

Came across an E35L on vatsim today... turns out it's an "Embraer Legacy 600 is a business jet derivative of the Embraer ERJ 145 family of commercial jet aircraft." Wiki here https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Embraer_Legacy_600

vPilot threw up the A321.

Mr.

VATSIM P2

• 4 weeks later...
Yunus Aktas 1283699
Posted
Posted

Got another few ones.

"B378"=B738

"747F"=B744

"DHD8"=DH8D

• 6 months later...