You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Request Download Controller Information

Phillip Speer

Phillip Speer
Posted
Posted

Hi Ross,

I frequently mentor a deaf controller and the first line of the controller information always states "deaf controller, text only", unfortunately we usually only get less than 50% of pilots actually contact by text. I'm wondering if a future update of VPilot could automatically download the controller information to encourage pilots to read the information. I know it won't catch all pilots (I don't believe FSINN does but seem to remember squawkbox did) but at least may help with this and other useful information.

Thanks

Phillip

VATSIM UK Divisional Instructor

Bradley Grafelman
Posted
Posted

If the controller can't receive voice, then why host a voice channel? If you don't host a voice channel, pilots can't transmit.

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

Philip, is the controller mistakenly enabling voice on his frequency?

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Phillip Speer
Posted
Posted

Hi.

He is setting a voice room.

Phillip

VATSIM UK Divisional Instructor

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

That's definitely a large part of the issue ... pilots are going to see that they're connected to the voice room but not getting any response from the controller. If you don't set a voice room, then pilots will get a buzzer sound if they try to transmit on a text-only frequency.

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Ernesto Alvarez 818262
Posted
Posted

definitely dont recommend setting a voice room if its not going to be used. itll avoid this issue.

whenever ive controlled and had to be text only ( i have a speech impediment so sometimes voice isnt doable ) ive had to do the same. just be sure he doesnt enable the voice and he'll be fine.