You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

XSquawkBox 1.3.2 Released

Christopher Collins

Christopher Collins
Posted
Posted

The long overdue XSquawkBox 1.3.2 is now available for download.

It’s highly recommended that all X-Plane 10 users upgrade to 1.3.2 as prior versions of XSquawkBox contained a number of buffer overflow related bugs which could result in random crashes when connected to the network.

Further information can be found at the XSquawkBox Website.

XSquawkBox - Developer/Maintainer

Please post any support related questions to the XSquawkBox support forum rather than private messaging me, thanks.

Tom Stian Bjerk 853618
Posted
Posted

Thanks for adding the TCAS altitude increase to +/- 10000ft.

Will test this version now.

Thank you

Tom Stian Bjerk 853618
Posted
Posted

I have some issues with this new version.

95% of the time I dont see any model for other online aircrafts. Its only showing as light.

Same issue with both XP10 and XP11.

O6FAiQn.png

When I see a model its without any texture

6aiLuXn.png

With some debug on (full size: http://i.imgur.com/4yTmSEf.png )

4yTmSEf.png

Christopher Collins
Posted
Posted

95% of the time I dont see any model for other online aircrafts. Its only showing as light.

First of all, if this is not using the included CSL, please try reducing your CSL to just the XSB shipping one and try again. If the problems go away, you've got problems with the CSL you're using. None of these style problems turned up during the testing on any of my systems using both the shipping CSL and the (up to date) X-CSL.

If that's not the source of the problems, you're going to need to provide some actual detail - I need to know your OS, X-Plane version, and a copy of your Log.txt at the absolute minimum.

Please post any support related questions to the XSquawkBox support forum rather than private messaging me, thanks.

Tom Stian Bjerk 853618
Posted
Posted

This was with default CSL.

I can provide you some logs and detailed information later today.

Tom Stian Bjerk 853618
Posted
Posted

Im doing some tests, but its working as expected now.

So will let you know if this is happening again.

Thanks.

Mihail Tomov
Posted
Posted

I get this on Mint 17.3 in the log.txt :

"dlerror:/home/mishaikin/Steam/steamapps/common/X-Plane 10/Resources/plugins/XSquawkBox/64/lin.xpl: symbol _ZTVNSt7__cxx1119basic_istringstreamIcSt11char_traitsIcESaIcEEE, version GLIBCXX_3.4.21 not defined in file libstdc++.so.6 with link time reference"

Christopher Collins
Posted
Posted
I get this on Mint 17.3 in the log.txt :

"dlerror:/home/mishaikin/Steam/steamapps/common/X-Plane 10/Resources/plugins/XSquawkBox/64/lin.xpl: symbol _ZTVNSt7__cxx1119basic_istringstreamIcSt11char_traitsIcESaIcEEE, version GLIBCXX_3.4.21 not defined in file libstdc++.so.6 with link time reference"

I've quickly produced a new build you can find on the downloads page which has statically linked in the C++ runtime library - this should allow older Linux distros to use the plugin.

benxiang wang 1355043
Posted
Posted

I'm so appreciatd for your great job.here are some bugs i found,hope you can make the plugin more perfect.

1):after my installing of 1.3.2,the first time i login with my p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]word while it shows wrong p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]word. This problem still here even after my reload of X-Plane10.And the only way I can found is copy your p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]word from my email and paste in the X-Plane10.BTW,I had encountered this problem even 1.3.1

2):When I file the blank of "Airlines" with the shortword such as "BER",it could identified it's Air berlin.But when I file with "CES"(China Eastern Airlines), it cannot distinguish what airlines it is.I checked the airlines.txt under "X-Plane10/Resources/plugins/XSquawkBox/Resources", the"CES" exists.I tried some of the other Airlines's names, still some cannot be identified.

Thanks a lot for your contributions!

benxiang wang 1355043
Posted
Posted

O6FAiQn.png

When I see a model its without any texture

6aiLuXn.png

With some debug on (full size: http://i.imgur.com/4yTmSEf.png )

4yTmSEf.png

I have the same issue.Did you fix it ?

Tom Stian Bjerk 853618
Posted
Posted

No, but as I understand it will be fixed in next version.

viewtopic.php?f=109&t=73556

Brett Rupert
Posted
Posted

In your pic, is that debug info in the XSB window? If so, what is the command you are using? I tried .debug but nothing happened.

Thanks for any info.

Tom Stian Bjerk 853618
Posted
Posted
In your pic, is that debug info in the XSB window? If so, what is the command you are using? I tried .debug but nothing happened.

Thanks for any info.

From the manual

If you want to trouble-shoot plane models, you can type:

.debug models=1

.debug matching=1

.debug csl

These commands are explained in the XSquawkBox CSL SDK, which you can download from http://www.xsquawkbox.net/.

Christopher Collins
Posted
Posted

I have confirmed an incompatibility between Gizmo/IXEG 733, X-Plane 11 and XSB 1.3.2. In this specific combination, something is generating OpenGL rendering errors, and not cleaning up the GL error state, and due to some naivety in the libxplanemp texture loading code, this results in xplanemp thinking the texture load failed. (This then escalates to a memory leak from texture memory which will most likely lead to a crash if left long enough).

It is SPECIFIC to this combination - it is likely a bug in Gizmo. the IXEG 733 and X-Plane 10 appear to not manifest the same bug, and XSB 1.3.1 is not susceptible to the bug as it preloads resources before any rendering takes place.

A workaround (well, a fix for the naivety) is now in the libxplanemp codebase and will be included in XSB 1.3.3

Until then, you can either use XPlane 10, or use the old version of XSB.

Please do not file bugs for XP11 and XSB 1.3.2 and the IXEG 733. I also suspect similar problems will manifest with the X-Aviation Saab 340, but have not tested it.

• 2 months later...
Hunter Garshov 1280590
Posted
Posted

Even with this version, it says "x plane has stopped working" after I connect.