You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Just an idea... intercoms

Stacy Krahn 907079

Stacy Krahn 907079
Posted
Posted

Ok, I did something by guess and it worked. I run multi computers to make up my sim. I have Prepar3d on one doing outside displays, a second doing the FMC, a third running other addons, etc.

vPilot Host no voice in running on the Prepar3d computer, and one remote with voice on a second. I actually got a second remote with voice working on a third computer and the audio works on both machines. So, when the Push to talk is pressed, either headset can talk both can hear ATC.

Now my question would, is it possible to setup an intercom between them? So if two people are flying they could chat during flight and still hear ATC? This could be expanded to two computer connected remotely that way both could be talking like on open mic and then when one talks to ATC it would disable the intercom, or when receiving audio from ATC.

I hope this was clear... Anyway, it is just a thought for a future release if possible.

Thanks for your time.

86648.png]

Josh Glottmann
Posted
Posted

I think this is something that is more or less unrelated to VATSIM. You don't need vPilot to have an intercom. Use teamspeak or discord without a push to talk.

Stacy Krahn 907079
Posted
Posted
I think this is something that is more or less unrelated to VATSIM. You don't need vPilot to have an intercom. Use teamspeak or discord without a push to talk.

so you can't do it... that's fine, no need to get mad. Just was making a suggestion. FSInn had a private channel setup, had to use a push to talk but at least it was something so if several people were flying together they could chat while flying... anyway, thanks...

86648.png]

Ernesto Alvarez 818262
Posted
Posted

hows he getting mad?

Bradford Lee
Posted
Posted

So you're wanting like what you have in real-world GA aviation, where the cabin intercom is voice-activated but the radio is PTT.

Ok, here's how:

1. Get in a teamspeak channel with the pilot you want to be able to talk with

2. Have your teamspeak audio set up as voice activated

3. Make your mute microphone hotkey the same as your push to talk key for your pilot client

Now, when you key up to talk to ATC, you'll automatically stop going out in your friend's ear in the teamspeak channel with you.

Hope it it helps!!

Brad Lee

spacer.png

ZJX ARTCC