You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Unable to transmit on frequency

Louie Lawton 1279700

Louie Lawton 1279700
Posted
Posted

Hi all,

To cut it short, I basically cannot transmit over my frequency at all. I can hear the pilots fine, however, when I go to reply the pilots cannot hear me. The headset lights up orange, however nothing can be heard.

When I head into voice settings I can see this https://gyazo.com/5947105f113dc2a84956dc38718dc2c5. Usually, the transmit icon would be coloured green when selected.

I'm a VATPAC controller using rw1.vatpac.org for my servers. I've asked around and no one has run into this problem before. If anyone could give me a hand it would be greatly appreciated!

Louie

Even Rognlien
Posted
Posted

Perhaps a silly question, but are you sure your output and input devices are set up correctly in the hardware setup dialog?

Louie Lawton 1279700
Posted
Posted
Perhaps a silly question, but are you sure your output and input devices are set up correctly in the hardware setup dialog?

No such thing as a silly question!

Everything is set to Wave, I've unplugged everything, restarted everything, updated my drivers and still nothing.

The last time I can recall it working was just before I downloaded some New Zealand sectorfiles and went to observe over there. I'll jump on and see if I can get it working in New Zealand and will get back to you soon

Just tried it, didn't work either. If anyone has any other ideas they'd be greatly appreciated!

Morten Jelle
Posted
Posted

Have you tried a different voice server? Perhaps also another network server?

It sounds like the output hardware is not correct choosen in Euroscope, so you might want to check your hardware settings in Windows.

Morten Jelle

VATSIM Network Supervisor, Team Lead - Supervisor Team 1

spacer.png

Louie Lawton 1279700
Posted
Posted

Tried a few different servers the other day - still nothing.

I'll install a fresh version of ES and see if that fixes it. I'm only having issues with voice on Euroscope so it can't be a hardware issue.

Louie Lawton 1279700
Posted
Posted

Fixed

A fresh install did the trick!

Thank you all for your [Mod - Happy Thoughts]istance =)

EDIT: For those experiencing this issue, ensure you've completed both the Squelch and Mic test. Will save you some time.