You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

2 brothers can not play on vatsim from same IP

Attila  Arnandof Welther 1

Posted
Posted

heya

first my brother get his account suspended cos we play from the same IP we live in the same house .....

and the support asked for a copy of ID, p[Mod - Happy Thoughts] , drive licences what the hell is with this ????

we play also WoW and not even blizzard asked us for a ID copy to play on they network ......this is also not legal ....

Andreas Fuchs
Posted
Posted

It's like this. As long as you cannot prove that you are two separate persons, the same IP and other indicators will trigger a double-connection alert, which is prohibited at VATSIM. Just provide your ID for a one-time verification process and all will be good.

Please also note that you may be "playing" WoW. At VATSIM we "simulate" with a certain degree of seriousness. If you intend to "play", VATSIM might not be your place.

Posted
Posted

that will not happends.....

on the other network we can play together without any problem only here !!!!!! nwm i will not give a copy of ID or p[Mod - Happy Thoughts] .....

Kieran Samuel Cross
Posted
Posted (edited)

on the other network we can play together without any problem only here !!!!!! nwm i will not give a copy of ID or p[Mod - Happy Thoughts] .....

If you cannot co-operate with the staff member who is trying to [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ist you, you're not going to be using the network! Simple as. I guess today will be the day you and your brother stop using VATSIM at the same time, or will be when you lose your stubbornness.

Alternatively, why don't you and your brother try shared cockpit? You might find it more fun, and more realistic, which was Andreas said above, is what we strive for here.

Edited by Guest

Kind Regards,

Kieran Cross,

28.png

Colin Schoen
Posted
Posted

Indeed it is legal.

Colin Schoen

VATSIM Senior Network Supervisor

Andreas Fuchs
Posted
Posted

Attila,

I understand your cautiousness about sharing your details. I can only [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ure you that your ID will be handled with respect and confidentiality. As far as I know, our Membership Department will only verify that you and your brother really do exist, mark your accounts accordingly and then the ID/e-mail will be deleted again for good.

Posted
Posted

If you cannot co-operate with the staff member who is trying to [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ist you, you're not going to be using the network! Simple as. I guess today will be the day you and your brother stop using VATSIM at the same time, or will be when you lose your stubbornness.

Alternatively, why don't you and your brother try shared cockpit? You might find it more fun, and more realistic, which was Andreas said above, is what we strive for here.

i can't play shared cockpit cos 90% of my time i spend it on my truck delivering cargo from Airport to Shipyard and vice versa and when i am home i play a bit...nwm

PS. @ Colin Schoen it's not legal the only person who may ask me for my ID and P[Mod - Happy Thoughts] are the police and other officials

other person are not allowed to ask for a copy or other legal docomeents..... i know what i am talking here cos i travel around Europe with my truck !

Colin Schoen
Posted
Posted

PS. @ Colin Schoen it's not legal the only person who may ask me for my ID and P[Mod - Happy Thoughts] are the police and other officials

other person are not allowed to ask for a copy or other legal docomeents..... i know what i am talking here cos i travel around Europe with my truck !

I think we are answering two different questions. Anyone is welcome to ask for your ID. You certainly aren't legally obligated to give it to us, but likewise we aren't obligated to allow entry to a private organization.

Colin Schoen

VATSIM Senior Network Supervisor

Kieran Samuel Cross
Posted
Posted

And did your employer not check your educational certificates/driving license when you took the job?

Kind Regards,

Kieran Cross,

28.png

Posted
Posted

And did your employer not check your educational certificates/driving license when you took the job?

yup they did ( there is a law for that.. me as trcuk driver i must prove my licenses to employer and they to ask me for the licenses ) but is something else when u are there and u show them and they will give u back but here i don't have any prove that my ID or p[Mod - Happy Thoughts] copy will be safe that's the difference.... nwm i have said what i had to say i don't wanna argue anymore or argue with u guy is your network u do what u want...

Ernesto Alvarez 818262
Posted
Posted

Its simple, simply show them proof that its 2 different users. Notice they are giving you multiple options to do it.

You dont even need to show it all, black out the parts you feel are private and be done with it.

btw this is covered in the vatsim docomeents especially how the network handles your privacy.

If you cant do any of the above, stubbornness gets you so far. They wont be able to help beyond that

If you have any questions regarding legalities, feel free to contact vatsims legal rep, he'll inform ya otherwise

Mark Richards
Posted
Posted

Asked, and answered by the membership team (thanks Colin).

Thread locked.

Mark Richards (811451)

Auckland, New Zealand