You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Broken transmissions

Bartosz S³owik 1305267

Bartosz S³owik 1305267
Posted
Posted

Hello guys. I have a problem. Since 1 month, my vpilot hasn't work properly. All transmisions on all freq are broken. I can catch only a few instructions from controller and I always have to switch to text messages. I've reinstalled vpilot a several times, switching between GERMAN and CZECH servers and nothing happend . Even that, I've reinstalled my all P3D (v. 3.4). Have you got any suggestions what kind of problem it is? I think that it is not depend of my Internet Service Provider, because I have the same conditions from 2 years, and the speed of the internet is the same.

Ernesto Alvarez 818262
Posted
Posted

make sure you dont have it set to directsound in your vpilot settings. set it to wave

Norman Blackburn
Posted
Posted

You are able to hear others for a few moments after you transmit?

If you transmit again - just for a moment - can you once again hear?

If so it's your router that is blocking the ports. Do a search for UDP timeouts for more information.

Norman

sig_FSLBetaTester.jpg

Bartosz S³owik 1305267
Posted
Posted

Thanks for your answers. I've discovered something weird. Let's start from that I'm from Poland and this check was on GERMANY-2 server. I've heard Germans and Dutch radars very clearly, without any cuts. But on Scandinavian's radars like ESOS or ENOS there was the same what before. Cuts, cuts, cuts. Now for me it's really wierd and I have no idea what to do.

Norman Blackburn
Posted
Posted

The question is did you seek out and fix the udp timeout issue?

Norman

sig_FSLBetaTester.jpg