You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

vPilot and VasFMC squawk issue

Kevin Rickman 1358154

Kevin Rickman 1358154
Posted
Posted

I use VasFMC for flights and sometimes controllers request i squawk mode C on the ground during taxi. however, when im flying with an aircraft that uses VasFMC, and i try to set Mode C in vPilot it turns blue and then goes off again. ive tried reinstalling vpilot, changing various settings in vasFMC but it still shuts itself off. Ive noticed that VasFMC will only let vpilot squawk mode C once airborne and turns it off once on ground. i also have the "automaticaly squawk mode C on takeoff" checkbox unchecked. Does anyone have any ideas on a workaround or how to stop this problem?

Andreas Fuchs
Posted
Posted

Hi Kevin,

this is quite simple to solve.

In vasFMC select MCDU MENU ==> SQUAWKBOX ==> MANUAL

Now, vasFMC has no more control over your transponder. AUTOMATIC means "SQUAWK CHARLIE when on takeoff run", ON is "SQUAWK CHARLIE all the time" and OFF naturally sets "SQUAWK STANDBY all the time".

Kevin Rickman 1358154
Posted
Posted
Hi Kevin,

this is quite simple to solve.

In vasFMC select MCDU MENU ==> SQUAWKBOX ==> MANUAL

Now, vasFMC has no more control over your transponder. AUTOMATIC means "SQUAWK CHARLIE when on takeoff run", ON is "SQUAWK CHARLIE all the time" and OFF naturally sets "SQUAWK STANDBY all the time".

Thanks for the help, it was much appreciated!