You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Aircraft Pausing/Time acceleration on SweatBox

Simon Vandersnickt

Simon Vandersnickt
Posted
Posted

Hello everyone

I'm addressing myself to everyone using the SweatBox simulator server. It's a known issue that time commands in SweatBox are valid for the entire server. Tonight, I was training a member at EBBR_APP and the simulation was constantly pausing, accelerating at 4x speed etc., this way, normal vectoring became impossible. Therefore, I'd like to ask everyone the following things:

Never use time acceleration on SweatBox!

Don't pause the SweatBox simulation, but try to pause every plane separately when able. It's understandable that it might be necessary to pause the simulation quickly at some point, if so: pause the entire simulation, then quickly pause every aircraft, and press 'play' again so other users don't experience this pause (for long). If you don't, other mentors will probably press 'play' again and you pause again ...

When you don't want to do this, use the EuroScope beta, wherein this 'pause/resume' problem is fixed.

Thanks to everyone for understanding.

Belux vACC mentor/examiner

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

It's probably worth noting that this does not apply to users using TWRTrainer or ACSim.

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC