You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

vPilot - No Sound

Cameron Garrett

Cameron Garrett
Posted
Posted

Hey Guys,

I've recently started flying on VATSIM and I use vPilot to connect to the network. However, on my second flight, there was ATC online and I tried contacting him. From videos and streams I've seen of people using VATSIM / vPilot I noticed that there's usually a beeping noise when connecting to ATC frequencies, however, I did not hear that. I tried contacting the controller and the TX box lit up. A couple of moments later, the RX box lit up but I couldn't hear anything. The controller messaged me a few moments later saying he'd tried to contact me 3 times, I heard none of them.

So, in summary, I can hear NO sound on vPilot.

I have tried everything I can think of..

Running it as an administrator, checking my speakers / headset, the audio section in options and nothing has worked.

Any help would be great.

Cheers,

Cameron.

Ernesto Alvarez 818262
Posted
Posted

post a screenshot if your settings

Cameron Garrett
Posted
Posted

Ernesto Alvarez 818262
Posted
Posted

thanks

are you using a USB headset? if so, its not set to your headset

Cameron Garrett
Posted
Posted

I've tried both settings on an ATIS frequency and neither worked.

Kieran Hine
Posted
Posted

You need to restart vPilot before connecting with a different callsign for your next flight

Ernesto Alvarez 818262
Posted
Posted

wondering if possible your port is being blocked. have you tried port forwarding already?

Cameron Garrett
Posted
Posted

I haven't tried Port Forwarding, but I can try that.

Markus Schober 1328585
Posted
Posted

If this is still an issue: make sure your radios are powered. One day I experienced an error in the sim where the radios seemed to be "on", i.e. the displays where lit and you could dial in frequencies, but avionics power was still off. AFAIR the result was similar to what you described: everything seemed alright, but it was not possible to communicate by voice (I did not try text that day).

Markus

Cameron Garrett
Posted
Posted

Hi all,

Sorry it's been a while, I've tried everything you have all suggested and nothing has worked..

I've tried removing my virus protection / firewall but that didn't work either..

Any more help would be gladly appreciated..

Just to let you know, my headset works on things like TS2, TS3, Discord and IVAO but not vPilot.. Frustrating..

Thanks very much.

Markus Schober 1328585
Posted
Posted

Can you hear the playback when calibrating your mic in vPilot?

Can you hear the corresponding alert sound when vPilot receives a text message?

If not, just another idea - have you checked the mixer settings (click on the speaker symbol in the task bar) where you can adjust the volume (and mute) of each running application separately?

Markus

Cameron Garrett
Posted
Posted

Hi Markus,

Turns out that the vPilot mixer sound was on 0.

I've now turned it up and I can hear everything perfectly.

Thanks to everyone for your help.

Markus Schober 1328585
Posted
Posted

Glad to hear it's working now, thanks for the feedback.

Enjoy your flights in the virtual skies.

Markus

• 1 year later...
Yaniv Cohen 1376285
Posted
Posted

Hi guys, I know this subject was already solved but it seems to be that I have the same issue, the only difference is that I can hear Vpilot's frequency change/notification sound. I can also see the sound bar moves in the Volume Mixer when someone is transmitting on A frequency. Any suggestions/ideas would be extremely helpful. Sorry one more time for reopening this subject and thanks a lot!