You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Laptop Text Scaling

Ian Cowan 1364926

Ian Cowan 1364926
Posted
Posted

When I travel I would still like to control but I notice on my laptop the VRC text is extremely small. Is there any way to fix this so I can read the callsigns/flight information?

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

What is the screen resolution of the laptop?

And are you using the zoom setting in Windows' display settings at all? (I'm referring to the setting labeled "Change the size of text, apps, and other items", in Windows 10.)

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Ian Cowan 1364926
Posted
Posted
What is the screen resolution of the laptop?

And are you using the zoom setting in Windows' display settings at all? (I'm referring to the setting labeled "Change the size of text, apps, and other items", in Windows 10.)

The resolution is 3200 x 1800 and I am almost positive when I checked the scaling was set to 200% and when I changed it to 100% everything got smaller. I can check this again and include screenshots as well.

Ernesto Alvarez 818262
Posted
Posted

3200 x 1800 think youve found the issue there. youve scaled it too much, this must be some huge laptop? not even my 32" monitor is setup to that resolution

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

My small Lenovo Yoga laptop has that same resolution. High resolution doesn't necessarily mean a big screen ... it can mean a small screen with very high pixel density.

I have the scaling set to 250% (the default setting) and VRC looks fine that way.

Ian Cowan 1364926
Posted
Posted
My small Lenovo Yoga laptop has that same resolution. High resolution doesn't necessarily mean a big screen ... it can mean a small screen with very high pixel density.

I have the scaling set to 250% (the default setting) and VRC looks fine that way.

My laptop is a Lenovo Yoga. I played around with the scaling and nothing seemed to work. I will play around with them some more soon. Have you changed any other settings?

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

No, in fact I didn't change ANY settings. My Yoga was configured out of the box with 250% scaling. Did you reboot after changing the scaling?

Ian Cowan 1364926
Posted
Posted
No, in fact I didn't change ANY settings. My Yoga was configured out of the box with 250% scaling. Did you reboot after changing the scaling?

Interesting because that's how mine was and it didn't work. I will try resetting the scaling and rebooting and if that doesn't work I will reinstall VRC.

Ian Cowan 1364926
Posted
Posted

Reinstalled VRC and now everything is working. Don't know why I didn't try that first.