You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Help everyone is AI model

Mateusz Jozwiak 1391228

Mateusz Jozwiak 1391228
Posted
Posted

My first time starting up vatsim and when i connect everyone is the ai model i use (ice traffic 5) i doubt this is normal and no im not looking at real ai im 100% sure i was looking at real people (because of callsign)

Please help

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

What were you expecting to see?

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Mateusz Jozwiak 1391228
Posted
Posted
What were you expecting to see?

Like multiplayer i guess

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

I don't understand what you're saying. I don't know what "multiplayer" looks like. Please be more specific.

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Mateusz Jozwiak 1391228
Posted
Posted
I don't understand what you're saying. I don't know what "multiplayer" looks like. Please be more specific.

Oh sorry bout that, what i meant is that in multiplayer you can see everyones plane model that they are flying while on vatsim i only see them as a [Mod - lovely stuff]py free ai pack i have. Thats ok?

• Board of Governors
Nicholas Cavacini
Posted
Posted

You will only see models which you have installed on your flight sim.

Nick
Vice President - Supervisors
VATSIM Board of Governors

Contact the Supervisor Team | Could you be a Supervisor?

Vatsim-color-tagline.png.afe5bb8b98897d00926a882be4e2059c.png

Unless otherwise stated, opinions are my own and not representative of the official opinion of the VATSIM Board of Governors

Ernesto Alvarez 818262
Posted
Posted (edited)

Mateusz when you have a chance, have a go through the VATSIM PRC. itll help you understand how it all works, as well as the docomeentation for the pilot client you use

https://www.vatsim.net/pilot-resource-centre

Edited by Guest

GDPR-removed
Posted
Posted

Mateusz,

I use the IVAO MTL. Unless you make an account there, they won't let you download it (they caught us!). If you're willing to pay a little money, there are plenty of traffic clients which I trust you'll find useful. MyTraffic 6, Ultimate Traffic 2, there are plenty which will actually work. Enjoy the traffic!

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted
I use the IVAO MTL. Unless you make an account there, they won't let you download it (they caught us!).

Jarid, please be careful with statements like this. VATSIM never required, directed, or encouraged members to use the IVAO MTL for use on VATSIM. Individuals made that choice, in violation of the IVAO MTL license terms. And much has been done by members of the community to raise awareness and improve the situation. Statements like these could be misconstrued by some to believe that the "us" is VATSIM, as opposed to individual members.

Don Desfosse
Vice President, Operations

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

Mateusz, many folks use freeware AI packs like WoAI very successfully. Suggest you see if WoAI would be of help. There are likely others that you can find (suggest Google search), but I would say that most VATSIM members successfully and happily use WoAI as a relatively comprehensive set of AI. Of course, you can always search any of the payware options and see if they fit your needs better.

Don Desfosse
Vice President, Operations

Jonathan Fong
Posted
Posted

Personally, I would suggest the use of the (relatively new) vPilot AI model pack available here (you will need to register to access the files and download it) - it contains plenty of high-quality freeware models as well as custom VMR files for high-accuracy model matching. It comes with installation instructions too.

(And before you ask, the author has asked for permission to use every model that is included in the pack).