You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

CONTROL THE SB TRANSPONDER FROM THE A2A C172 PANEL

Rennan Francisco Messias d

Posted
Posted

I'm having an A2A C172 transponder integration problem with VPilot. When I put the ALT on the transponder or STANDBY on the radio panel, in VPilot it does not switch to Mode C and STANDY respectively, nor when I click on IDENT on the panel it identifies. Can someone help me to do this integration?

Magnus Meese
Posted
Posted

It can be done with Lua script, but unfortunately the only one already made has a dead url, as far as I can find. I'm not clever enough to write one myself, so hopefully there's someone here who is!

Magnus Meese
Posted
Posted

Brilliant! Thanks a lot!

Note that this works nicely with the 182 as well, just add "2=C182" under the Profile you add in FSUIPC4.ini

Posted
Posted
Fortunately, I held on to that one. Here you go.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/a40xs7inl3vykc6/a2a%20c172%20transponder.rar?dl=0

Nick

Thank you very much for this file !! It's been a long time and I'm looking for a way to make the A2A transponder C172 work integrated with vPilot.

Nick Warren
Posted
Posted
Brilliant! Thanks a lot!

Note that this works nicely with the 182 as well, just add "2=C182" under the Profile you add in FSUIPC4.ini

Good news. I wonder if it will work with the Cherokee too. If so, that will round out my add-on collection. All the same I entered in "3=PA28_180" and will tinker with it the next chance I get.

Nick

Robert Shearman Jr
Posted
Posted

I have no idea what a LUA script is or where it goes, but, is this something that might work for any add-on airplane in which the transponder doesn't map correctly to vPilot? I'm having the same issue with Eaglesoft's Citation CJ1+, and I was considering reaching out to the developer until I stumbled upon this thread. If it could fix the issue I'll take the time & effort to figure it out before I ask them about it.

Cheers,
-R.

fvJfs7z.png

Magnus Meese
Posted
Posted

Lua scripts run through FSUIPC and have amazing potential. I'm quite sure it can do the same for your Citation, but I have no idea how to code that (or anything, really). The FSUIPC forums is not a bad place to go looking or asking.