You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Flight plan website dead. Any suggestions?

Justin Berry 1388016

Justin Berry 1388016
Posted
Posted

I've been using a website that files my flight plan for me but for some reason the server for it seems to ALWAYS be busy. So I can't get a flight plan and I'm forced to use the FSX planner. Any body have any other websites they can recommend? The site I used was onlineflightplanner.org

Robert Shearman Jr
Posted
Posted

I generally recommend simbrief. It takes a little playing with to figure out how to use it, but once you do, it's not that hard.

Cheers,
-R.

fvJfs7z.png

Morten Jelle
Posted
Posted

There are a few. Also some tools you can buy if you want.

To name the most common used tools is vRoute, Simbrief and PFPX.

vRoute contains a huge database of user submitted routes to use, and you can export the routes to VATSIM, your flightsimulator and even to addon aircrafts.

Simbrief is a "planning" tool. It can help you plan your required fuel, weights etc. ( I am not sure if there are a database for routes, but it can generate routes at least).

PFPX, does the same as Simbrief, but a lot more tweakable. There are no database for routes unless you add them yourself, as they are stored locally. There is a networkthing available, not sure how stable it is.

Morten Jelle

VATSIM Network Supervisor, Team Lead - Supervisor Team 1

spacer.png

Alex Ying
Posted
Posted

If you're flying in the US and looking for actual routes themselves, the FAA and FlightAware are good resources

FAA Preferred Route Database

FllightAware IFR Route Database

spacer.png

Instructor // ZNY/ZWY Facility Coordinator

Sachin Gnath
Posted
Posted

You can also give a try here http://www.edi-gla.co.uk/fpl/ they provide almost all real world FP's.

Regards, 

S G