You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Messages not being sent

Ernani Kern 1298296

Ernani Kern 1298296
Posted
Posted

Hi, I am new to VATSIM. In my first flights, I connect to the network, dial the correct radio frequency, and type a message to the controller.

But when I click ENTER, nothing happens, and the message is not sent.

I my last try, in CYYZ, the supervisor Brayden Manzella tried to talk to me, but I couldn't answer him; I am sorry for this trouble.

I have read the manual, which says to press ENTER to open the message box and again to send it. What is wrong.

Thanks.

Bradley Grafelman
Posted
Posted

Which pilot client are you using? Can you show us a screenshot of it after you've entered your message and just before you pressed enter?

Ernani Kern 1298296
Posted
Posted

Hi Bradley, thanks for your reply.

I use Xsquawkbox 1.3.2 on X-Plane 11, Windows 10 64 bits.

On this URL, http://ferrokern.net/externos/vatsim/, you'll find 3 images:

- xsquawkbox configuration

- xsquawkbox connetion configuration

- x-plane fullscreen, showing "who's online" window, gnd frequency and the text I tried to send, when I hit enter nothing happens.

I also use VATspy to check for controllers, there was a controller in this airport when I connected (who' online shows this).

Thank you.

James Adamini 1361772
Posted
Posted

Try changing your push to talk key to a different key other than "return". Squawkbox probably thinks you are trying to talk when you press the enter button instead of sending a message. LMK.

James Adamini

P3 Pilot and S3 Controller

Dace Nicmane
Posted
Posted

You have set Enter Text Key to Insert and Push To Talk to Enter. So you have to press Insert to send the text. Pressing Enter opens your mic to talk to the controller on voice.

I'm just not sure how you opened the text box to write your message if you didn't press Insert.

EDIT: Actually, I just tried it. Insert is not a good key, it's not working. Pick something else.

KntU2Cw.jpg

Ernani Kern 1298296
Posted
Posted

Hello Dace and James:

I open the text box using INSERT; if I hit INSERT or ENTER after typing, nothing happens as well.

Later I will try changing the keys and I'll let you know the results.

Thanks.

Ernani Kern 1298296
Posted
Posted

Hi again.

I just discovered that the problem was the "push to talk key" also set to ENTER/RETURN.

I set it to NONE, and ENTER sends the message...

Thanks to you all for your help!