You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

[BUGS} Beta Version

Jason Helkenberg 913355

Jason Helkenberg 913355
Posted
Posted

A few bugs I have noticed in the new beta version.

1. Quick look - I am not able to quick look a position. I know its done by the position ID but would it be possible to make the QL function capable of only using the Position syllable as in real world? Also, with the QL function, you can add + to make the symbol white, for instance, A+ (ENTER) that quick looks and makes the targets white for the approach position.

2. SCRATCHPAD. The scratchpad is not visible to other controllers. When using the Multi Y (message) it does not appear on other controllers scope. this is a problem not only when entering the message manually but when an aircraft departs and the scratchpad is auto, this information is not visible to other controllers.

Jason Helkenberg

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

#1 is not a bug, that's a feature request.

As for #2, what client is the other controller using, and what sector is he in? vSTARS only recognizes scratchpads from sectors within the same facility.

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Jason Helkenberg 913355
Posted
Posted

How is not being able to quicklook not a bug?

He was using vstars as well and was tracon as well. How is interfacility defended in vstars? Tracon only or tracon/local? At KC we use KC_APP for approach but the tower uses MCI_TWR. Is the prefix a problem?

Jason Helkenberg

Josh Glottmann
Posted
Posted
Is the prefix a problem?

As long as you configured the facility properly, it should work.

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted
How is not being able to quicklook not a bug?

I read your request as wanting to be able to quicklook by "position syllable" (I [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ume you mean symbol.) If you are trying to quicklook by sector ID and it's not working, please provide all the relevant details including a link to your facility file. It is best not to mix bug reports and feature requests, as you can see why.

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Dominic Nguyen
Posted
Posted

#1 Position symbol should be configured via POF, so it's displayed to whatever is in the POF.

#2 Also sounds like a POF problem, make sure the two controllers in question are using the same POF file, and have it configured in the intra/inter facility in the settings