You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Unable to configure XSB on MAC

Cole Miller  1394946

Cole Miller  1394946
Posted
Posted

alright guys and gals this is my first post so take it easy on me.

i recently bought and installed XP11 and also downloaded the latest XSB to start playing some multiplayer. I read all the install notes for XSB and when i start XP I am able to see it in the dropdown menu under plugins. Here is where things go wrong. I am able to select XSB under the first dropdown,i.e.Plugins-XSB but i am not able to select any of the sub categories like configuration, audio setup or connect. I am also unable to select anything in the Plugin Admin sub-menus like Enable/Disable Plugins.

Has anyone else run into this issue and if so how to fix it? Or is this just a bug with XP11 and I am out of luck until an update comes down.

Thanks in advance for the help!

• 2 weeks later...
Christopher Collins
Posted
Posted
alright guys and gals this is my first post so take it easy on me.

i recently bought and installed XP11 and also downloaded the latest XSB to start playing some multiplayer. I read all the install notes for XSB and when i start XP I am able to see it in the dropdown menu under plugins. Here is where things go wrong. I am able to select XSB under the first dropdown,i.e.Plugins-XSB but i am not able to select any of the sub categories like configuration, audio setup or connect. I am also unable to select anything in the Plugin Admin sub-menus like Enable/Disable Plugins.

Has anyone else run into this issue and if so how to fix it? Or is this just a bug with XP11 and I am am out of luck until an update comes down.

Thanks in advance for the help!

Make sure you've updated X-Plane to the latest version (via the installer). Make sure you have installed XSB 1.3.3b4 as per the XSB manual. Post a log.txt (use pastie or something similar, and please, in the right forum. (The XSquawkBox support forum, not in here!). I'm a bit swamped right now, but hopefully that'll provide enough information that somebody will be able to throw you a quick couple of pointers.

You shouldn't have that sort of problems with plugins in general which makes me suspect something else is interfering.

XSquawkBox - Developer/Maintainer

Please post any support related questions to the XSquawkBox support forum rather than private messaging me, thanks.