You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

vPILOT, No ATIS sound

Daniel Parisi 1353783

Daniel Parisi 1353783
Posted
Posted

I have the latest version of vPILOT however i have recently come across a small issue. COM1 and COM2 work perfectly when sending and receiving voice and text messages. However if i tune to an ATIS frequency of any airport i get no sound. Other people can hear the ATIS and the channel stays connected, just no sound. i have tried reinstalling vPILOT multiple times.

If anyone could help it would be much appreciated!

Dan

Bradley Grafelman
Posted
Posted

Do you see the ATIS "controller" listed in vPilot's "Controllers in Range" list? Does the RX box for the appropriate COM radio turn blue when you tune to its frequency?

Daniel Parisi 1353783
Posted
Posted

I do see the controller on the left hand side however no blue rx, however earlier I did receive EGPH atis for the first time but no other airports around the world after that while testing

Robert Shearman Jr
Posted
Posted

Confirm that you do know how to tell whether an airport currently has a live controller providing ATIS? If there isn't one, you won't hear anything & will either have to fetch the real-world ATIS somehow or settle for just the METAR.

If you know all that already, apologies.

Cheers,
-R.

fvJfs7z.png

Lindsey Wiebe 1101951
Posted
Posted

I've found few and far between controllers who have the voice atis going, even though most of them have the "check atis or atis current..." in their text box ident thingy when clicking their name.

Mr.

VATSIM P2

Daniel Parisi 1353783
Posted
Posted

Apologies for the late replies I have been away with work. Yep I can see that the controller has an ATIS online and have verbally asked them whether it is working correctly. Other vpilot users have replied over the mic that they can hear it clear as day. I read somewhere recently that there was some server switchover with UK1, could be an issue with that?

Bradley Grafelman
Posted
Posted
I read somewhere recently that there was some server switchover with UK1, could be an issue with that?

The FSD servers are independent of the voice servers, so no, it's unlikely that would have any affect.

Were you tuning the ATIS on a secondary radio (e.g. ATC on COM1, ATIS on COM2)? If so, are you sure you selected both COM radios for receiving? In vPilot, you'll see the secondary COM radio's "RX" text turn from dark grey to white if selected (and the frequency text turns to blue if a successful connection is made).

For example, this screen shot:

RadiosYesVoiceChannel.jpg

shows that COM1 is selected and connected to an active voice channel and that COM2 isn't selected at all.

Could you post a screenshot of the entire vPilot window when you're experiencing this problem?

Daniel Parisi 1353783
Posted
Posted

I will post a screenshot tomorrow when I'm online. Com1 receives voice just no atis. Com2 can hear other controllers online just again no ATIS