You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Euroscope on macOS (Macbook)

Krister Larsen

Krister Larsen
Posted
Posted

Hi!

I`ve seen some peoples have Euroscope on their Mac, even though Euroscope is not developed for this OS. And because I was smart enough to buy a Macbook Pro, I want to get Euroscope on MacBook, if there is a possibility for that.

So my question is, how do I install on a Macbook and is there somewhere a detailed guide, showing how to do this.

I have also heard there have been some issues, which is about the voice. Is this right?

Krister Larsen
[email protected]
Assistant Event Coordinator | ACCSCA16 | [email protected]
VATSIM Scandinavia
Logo VACCSCA

spacer.png

Kieran Samuel Cross
Posted
Posted

As with any UNIX-based OS, you'll need to run EuroScope from an emulator/"compatibility layer" (to be technically correct regarding Wine). The best, and the most commonly used is Wine. I've heard about a few issues regarding dragging the display about, but I've never heard of other issues.

I personally run EuroScope from my debian-based laptop when I'm needing a second display or when I'm away from my PC. I've never had any issues, yet!

Here's a simple guide on setting up Wine on a macOS based machine.

Kind Regards,

Kieran Cross,

28.png

Hubert Okon
Posted
Posted (edited)

rm

Edited by Hubert Okon

Krister Larsen
Posted
Posted

Thanks! I`ll check it out

Krister Larsen
[email protected]
Assistant Event Coordinator | ACCSCA16 | [email protected]
VATSIM Scandinavia
Logo VACCSCA

spacer.png

• 4 years later...
Ryan Karnik
Posted
Posted

Did it work? I'd like to give it a shot as well. 

• 3 weeks later...
Tony Koch
Posted
Posted

I run virtual Windows 7 using VMWare Fusion. I use it only for Euroscope, and related programs, and live happily ever after with the Mac still available to me on a second display. The fact that that Windows 7 is ancient so far seems to be of no consequence.

• 1 year later...
Atharv Garg
Posted
Posted (edited)
On 6/27/2017 at 12:01 AM, Kieran Samuel Cross said:

As with any UNIX-based OS, you'll need to run EuroScope from an emulator/"compatibility layer" (to be technically correct regarding Wine). The best, and the most commonly used is Wine. I've heard about a few issues regarding dragging the display about, but I've never heard of other issues.

I personally run EuroScope from my debian-based laptop when I'm needing a second display or when I'm away from my PC. I've never had any issues, yet!

Here's a simple guide on setting up Wine on a macOS based machine.

What version of EuroScope are you using? Is it the stable version or the Beta version?

I am having major issues using a wine for the beta versions >_<

Edited by Atharv Garg