You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Euroscope display settings hotkeys

Mats Edvin Aaro

Mats Edvin Aaro
Posted
Posted

Euroscope's wide range of display settings (based on your sector file of course) can really clutter up your scope. When I started my S3 training, I figured that out first hand. There are so many useful things to have in various situations, but toggling them on and off all the time is frustrating.

What I would love to have is a seperate panel, visually similar to the newly introduced VCCS panel, where you could set up macros to toggle on/off your favorite display settings. In that way, you can toggle your favorite display settings such as minimum safe vectoring altitudes, STARs, delegated airspaces etc.

What do you think about this? Is this something i should pitch to a developer (if there aren't any here)?

Mats Edvin Aarø
Assistant to the Vice President - Supervisors
VATSIM General Manager: Member Engagement
[email protected]

VATSIM logo new

Ryan Savara 1369362
Posted
Posted

You already can do this! It's just not very intuitive or exactly how you're looking for it. What I've done is set up multiple ASR files, each with a different layout based on what info I think I need. Then when you are controlling, you can cycle through them using F7, or [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ign the ASR to specific key combinations in page 2 of the General Settings. It doesn't work as well as vSTARS, which has the maps buttons and what I think you are looking for, but it's as close as you'll get for a scope no longer actively developed.

As you work your position more, you learn the airspace. Now I rarely control with anything more than a video map

Senior Student (S3)

Chicago ARTCC Events Coordinator

Kieran Samuel Cross
Posted
Posted
You already can do this! It's just not very intuitive or exactly how you're looking for it. What I've done is set up multiple ASR files, each with a different layout based on what info I think I need. Then when you are controlling, you can cycle through them using F7, or [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ign the ASR to specific key combinations in page 2 of the General Settings. It doesn't work as well as vSTARS, which has the maps buttons and what I think you are looking for, but it's as close as you'll get for a scope no longer actively developed.

As you work your position more, you learn the airspace. Now I rarely control with anything more than a video map

I find CS:GO works quite well as a scope, when you've learnt the airspace.

Kind Regards,

Kieran Cross,

28.png

Magnus Meese
Posted
Posted

"Rush B", "... say again?"

No, but a map function would be very welcome. It can be done via plugins (the Norwegian NATCON emulation does it, but the real system is a drag to work with compared to vanilla ES if you don't have the full work station with strip bays and external systems), but just a vanilla configurable map list in the style of the other lists, or something in between that and a setup window, would be perfect. That, or just make a new customizable misc drop-down in the display settings dialogue, where maps can be added. Multiple ASRs is how I work too, but I'd prefer the quick-maps.