You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Vatstats Issue

Michael Broom

Michael Broom
Posted
Posted

I am wondering whether anyone is experiencing problems with the Vatstats site.

I have today completed a flight from EGLL to KBOS,landed and parked at the gate but Vatstats showed my flight as un completed with my plane still over the Atlantic.

Tonight I am doing another flight FBSK to FVHA and Vatstats is not even recording it.

Just wondering whether anyone might throw some light on this issue.

Daniel Hawton
Posted
Posted

Is this your flight? https://www.airstats.org/flight/219726 different website, but the plot shows you departed London with a planned route saying you were departing from Gander. I pulled it from VATSIM Stats and it's showing you started on a flight plan of EGLL-KBOS but then at 16:09 it was modified (blank, so that usually means the pilot edited it) to indicate departure point of Gander (CYQX).

Michael Broom
Posted
Posted

Hi there,yes this my flight.

My flight plan was London Heathrow to Boston.

I completed my flight and landed at Boston on runway 33l and parked at the gate and actually been under the control of Boston Tower at the time.

I then went into Vatstats and saw that my flight had not completed and that my aircraft was positioned still over the Atlantic but close to Newfoundland,very strange.

Following this I then started another flight from Gander to Boston under the same flight number but I ended this flight before arrival.

I do not understand why my original flight was not recorded as completed.

I hope this clarifies my issue further and thank you for your interest.

Dace Nicmane
Posted
Posted (edited)

My last two flights from yesterday and today are not recorded.

EDIT: Actually, three. The last one recorded is July 1.

Edited by Guest
KntU2Cw.jpg

Daniel Hawton
Posted
Posted

My site updates every minute.. so something strange happened that is outside the scope of vatstats and even airstats. Looking at my position log, I see you filed the flight plan while still at BOS, which seems to be why the new flight information overwrote the old while there aren't any missing position reports.

I can't speak for vatstats and what happened, but to me, it seems there was a data server issue that affected vatstats. I'm showing no data server issues on my mirror during the 90 minute or so flight.

Michael Broom
Posted
Posted

Thanks for your reply again.

I was on the ground at Boston for a while before compillng my new flight plan as I was waiting for Vatstats to record my EGLL-KBOS flight but it did not happen.

I think there is a problem somewhere else that is affecting it recording the data.

Norman Blackburn
Posted
Posted

The official stats show correctly. You would need to take this up with The guys at vatstats. The link below is a screenshot of what VATSIM has recorded.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/igt1qwr4ulbu79d/Screenshot_20170705-115757.jpg?dl=0

Norman

sig_FSLBetaTester.jpg

Dace Nicmane
Posted
Posted

Their contact form isn't working and there's no e-mail.

KntU2Cw.jpg

Michael Broom
Posted
Posted

Ok,thanks.