You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Flight Plan question: departure time, Enroute time & othr

Lorenzo Stobbione 1368867

Posted
Posted

Hi all!

I've googled a bit before opening this topic but unfortunately I haven't found any answer to three questions I have on flight plan filling... maybe someone more experienced will be able to help me.

Departure time: does it corresponds to the OBT? In that case, will be the time when I will physically leave the gate or will it be the time when I will confirm to the controller "ready for push and start"?

Enroute time: does it corresponds to the time p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]ed Enroute or does it include also climb and descent?

Special equipments: I am now using FAA convetions for equipment.. is it correct or is it requested to use ICAO ones?

Thank you in advance for your support!

Lorenzo Stobbione

P1 Rating - VATSIM Online Pilot

P2 Rating - VATSIM Flight Fundamentals

VCI2636.png

Ernesto Alvarez 818262
Posted
Posted

all times are Zulu and estimated

Departure time is your estimated departure time

enroute time is your estimated length of time for the total length of your flight, IE how long your flight is going to be

the VATSIM forms do not currently support the ICAO format

Trent Hopkinson
Posted
Posted

1. Departure time is the time the aircraft first moves after boarding. For large aircraft this may be the pushback time, for smaller aircraft it may be the taxi-out time.

2. Enroute time is the time from the moment the aircraft leaves the runway (rotates) till the time it touches down again.

3. FAA equipment codes is the only option for Vatsim right now.

qfafin.png

Trent Hopkinson YMML. www.youtube.com/musicalaviator WorldFlight 2002,2008,2009, 2011, 2012, 2013 & 2015

Posted
Posted

Thank you very much for your help!

I like filling all the flight plan with the right information and these were missing..

About aircraft equipment codes: since also FAA seems oriented to adopt ICAO standard, will VATSIM allow ICAO standard equipment codes?

Lorenzo Stobbione

VCI2636.png

Ernesto Alvarez 818262
Posted
Posted

yep. for now you can pretty much consider it the VATSIM format as it no longer fully complies with neither FAA or ICAO

Posted
Posted

Regarding equipment codes, when you fly a modern airliner, make sure you file /L (RVSM+GNSS+Mode S transponder).

Yes, I normally use H/77x/L when I fly triple 7.

I often fly with the 757 old revision (without GNSS), in that case I think I should use M/75x/Z, should be enough?

Thank you!

Lorenzo Stobbione

VCI2636.png

Josh Glottmann
Posted
Posted

M/ doesn't exist anymore to my knowledge. You'd either want to be a B752/L or B752/Z.

List of all valid aircraft types

Dace Nicmane
Posted
Posted

Is the "Description" column meant to be the equipment code? (Not a very descriptive column title ) If so, what does it mean when it says L2J?

KntU2Cw.jpg

Josh Glottmann
Posted
Posted
Is the "Description" column meant to be the equipment code? (Not a very descriptive column title :mrgreen:) If so, what does it mean when it says L2J?

I forgot what the L stands for (EDIT: see below), but 2 engine (2), Jet (J). It is not the equiptment code.

EDIT: Land, Amphibious, Helicopter

Dace Nicmane
Posted
Posted

Ah ok. I thought it had the equipment codes since you posted it in reply to a question about equipment code.

KntU2Cw.jpg

Josh Glottmann
Posted
Posted
Ah ok. I thought it had the equipment codes since you posted it in reply to a question about equipment code.

I added it because the OP mentioned invalid aircraft types.