You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Access violation upon successful connection

GIORGIO Tresoldi

GIORGIO Tresoldi
Posted
Posted

Hi,

I am experiencing a strange problem. Until a couple of weeks ago everything was fine. Now when I start ES (I tried a clean install and the latest beta), I can connect to Sweatbox and even start a simulator session. I can also connect to a VATSIM server using a callsign that is already in use (I get the usual error), but every time I connect to a VATSIM server with a callsign which is not yet in use and the connection is successful, I get a fatal error that makes ES crash.

I also tried what was described here viewtopic.php?f=71&t=64876 without luck

Here you can find the dump files: http://irigo.ch/es/

Thank you in advance!

Giorgio

Giorgio Tresoldi C3 I1 P1P2P4 ID:967456

ACCIT7 VATITA Membership coordinator

Morten Jelle
Posted
Posted

What version of Euroscope are you using? Have you tried a different version?

Morten Jelle

VATSIM Network Supervisor, Team Lead - Supervisor Team 1

spacer.png

GIORGIO Tresoldi
Posted
Posted

I tired a 3.2 clean install and both the r14 and r15 betas.

I also check the VATSIM statistics and each connection is displayed there, meaning that ES crashes just after a successful connection is established.

Jonas Kuster
Posted
Posted

I had also a similar issue on my windows 7 machine, but most probably due to some problems with the .net framework libraries.

But my issue is restricted to stations using center facility. So just to check any similarities, did you also try to login as different facilities?

Jonas Kuster
Network Supervisor
Leader Operation vACC Switzerland | vacc.ch @vaccswitzerland
GNG Support Team | gng.aero-nav.com
ES Plugin Developer | CCAMS

• 2 weeks later...
Jonas Kuster
Posted
Posted

Tested again and have now the crash also (again) with the latest r15. Release r10 and earlier does work. Later releases cause a crash after the connection just has been established. However, for me it only applies to _CTR stations (facility Center set) and higher, so CTR and FSS. For APP everything works fine.

Unfortunately, no crash dump is created in such a case. It seems the crash is that fatal not even the error handler is able to collect data. I can however use the .crash command, but I don't know if the dump file from there helps anything. I've also the dump file created from windows, perhaps this can help something.

Jonas Kuster
Network Supervisor

GIORGIO Tresoldi
Posted
Posted

Hi,

I observe the very same behaviour. r10 and before do work, where as the later versions crash when trying to connect a _CTR or _FSS to VATSIM.

Giorgio

Jonas Kuster
Posted
Posted

Just to give a few more details which might help for the investigation of this issue. My used configuration when experiencing this issue is Win7 Pro x64. If you need any information about further components or software, such as .net framework, I'll provide the required details with pleasure.

Jonas Kuster
Network Supervisor

Semir Gebran
Posted
Posted

I have also a crash that seems to happen on establishing a connection with the r15 beta. Win7 64, logs available, let me know where to send.

Jonas Kuster
Posted
Posted

Thanks to the [Mod - Happy Thoughts]isstance of Gergely, Giorgio and I were able to resolve the issue testing an intermediate release. I guess the fix will be part of the next public release.

Jonas Kuster
Network Supervisor