You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

FSX Lockup (Help Please)

John Kirkendoll 990215

John Kirkendoll 990215
Posted
Posted

Recently I had a new gaming computer built, and everything works great, except FSX. I can't complete a flight, without the sim just locking up. The picture just freezes and the sound still plays, but no action. I get no error codes or anything, it just freezes up. I have sought help in other forums, but no luck, and since this is the FSX world, I thought I should ask here for help. I don't know a whole lot about the hardware and software world, so beware, you're dealing with a noob. I have been flying with Microsoft Flight Simulator since 95, so I'm no cherry. Here are the specs on my new rig: SAMSUNG 850 EVO 2.5" 500GB SATA III 3-D VERTICAL INTERNAL Solid State Drive (SSD) / Deepcool GAMMAXX 400 CPU Cooler 4 Heatpipes 120mm PWM Fan / Microsoft Windows 10 Home - 64Bit / Asrock Z170 Pro45 LGA 1151 Intel Z170 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard / Valens 600W Power Supply / MSI GeForce GTX 1060 DirectX 12 GTX 1060 Gaming 3G 3GB 192-Bit GDDRS PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Ready ATX Video Card. I did the uninstall and reinstall bit, but still no joy. Help Please.

Kirk

c130_captain.gif

marcus holmes
Posted
Posted

Does it happen with all your aircraft or just one? Also have you waited at all without pressing the mouse button to see if it unfreezes? I did have a similar case a while back in FSX of it freezing, what I did was not touch anything waited and after 5 - 10 minutes it would unfreeze and all was good until the next time.

Have you recently installed any new scenery, hardware or drivers? it is good to track back to when your sim was in good health.

John Kirkendoll 990215
Posted
Posted

It happens with any aircraft. Thought of the scenery and aircraft, uninstalled all add on scenery and 3rd party aircraft and problem still persisted. Did a complete uninstall of FSX, and reinstall, and problem still persists. What is the advantage of waiting 5 or 10 minutes for the screen to unlock "until the next time" if you're flying online and this occurs? The sim was in good health when I had the old gaming computer (long overdue for an update), running under windows 7. Everything else I run on this new rig runs flawlessly except FSX. Thanks for replying, not many have and I know I can't be the only one to have this problem and the solution is there, I just can't find it.

Kirk

c130_captain.gif