You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

ATC CONTROL FOR FOREIGNERS PILOTS

Aurain Pascal 967805

Aurain Pascal 967805
Posted
Posted

Hi !!!

My name is Pascal, and i'm real french helicopter privat pilot. I'm new on vatsim, i use FS and Xplane for prepare my U.S training courses for next year on Fort Lauderdale.

I think, vatsim is a real opportunity to learn fastly and understand atc, but i'm disapointed, because the atc on miami (vatsim),

don't be understanding with me, the atc know that i'm french, and i tell it, " please speak slowly for me please ", but nothing!...it don't repeat slowly, but write instructions.

So, i think, it's not like that, i will learn, in a real flight, it's not possible to write to the control.

When i was in Fort Lauderdale Exe en dec 2004, the control was more understanding with me, and no problems.

But the NY JFK control (vatsim) was perfect with me for my first flight !! THANKS!!!

So, please, if controlers read my topic, please , be more comprehensive...THANKS FOR ALL

Richard Green 810012
Posted
Posted

Your best bet is to go text only for a while, and perhaps listen to LIVEATC to help increase your comprehension speed.

Or observe ATC for a few nights perhaps

Good luck.

The FLL area is a great place to fly, several of us RW pilots in the area fly around down there a lot... you can't beat the views.

Richard Green

VATSIM Supervisor

SB Testing & Support Team

VRC Testing & Support Team

Hector Roberts 941403
Posted
Posted

I was the controller that was online the day that you were at the airport. It´s good to get feedback from our pilots that fly ZMA. The issue is that I was not able to understand what you were saying. You asked me to speak slowly, which I did. Since I was not able to gather what you were trying to say, I kindly asked to text information. We are always willing to help all pilots in any way we can. I am very sorry that you are not pleased with our service. I hope you come back fly with us soon. Will try harder next time.

Peace.

Deltasignaturesenior.jpg

Delta Virtual Airlines

ZMA Instructor

Panama City, Panama

Matthew Horan 901577
Posted
Posted

I don't see anything about him complaining with your service, guys.

Aurain Pascal 967805
Posted
Posted

Hi Sirs !

There's no problems about your services..I think it's good to talk about last flights!

I'll follow your advices, observe, and take notes about trafic when will be on stdbye on parking.

But in reality, i don't have approch and landing charts for miami KMIA and Fort lauderdale Exe, only sectional 1/500 000.

So, if there's anyone who can send me scans, it'll be great!!..and equal for me if i can send you charts from france...

And be sure, i'll come back to fly with you soon with a great pleasure, and with the time, step by step, you will know me more, and me too, and i'll progress fastly!!

Thanks for all!

Best Regards - Pascal

Hector Roberts 941403
Posted
Posted

You can find lots of updated charts in PDF format at http://www.myairplane.com/ which is a very powerful tool when flying in the US. It has updated SID´s and STAR´s for many airports.

Also for flightplans you can refer to http://www.simroutes.com for flights in the US. It has a great database.

For international flights you can use http://rfinder.asalink.net/free/ a powerful tool for flights around the World. It even has updated NAT´s (daily) if you are crossing the pond.

Peace.

Deltasignaturesenior.jpg

Delta Virtual Airlines

ZMA Instructor

Panama City, Panama

Terry Kocher 919807
Posted
Posted

Yes, many times have I experienced this problem while on the scopes. Normally I'll resolve it the same way that Mr. Brehm did, by going online and finding a text translator.

However, the only problem with translators is that they translate the letters ver batum, and not in the actual order they are suppost to be placed in a foreign language.

For example:

English: Do you have a pen?

German (order in english): Have you a pen? {Hast du ein Kuli}

pilot.gif

3712.png

Matthew Horan 901577
Posted
Posted

If they speak french, I'm covered in a way.. we speak both in Canada

Any other language though, and I'm hunting for a translator - only good thing is, when I work Oceanic, I can often get help with most languages, due to the large population of controllers in Europe

Jim Machintosh 880828
Posted
Posted
The FLL area is a great place to fly, several of us RW pilots in the area fly around down there a lot... you can't beat the views.

Watch what you're sayin' Richard I think our views up in the PNW may rival (or even beat! ) yours' down south!

Jim Machintosh - ZAB C1

ZAB Staff Alumni

25tey52.jpg

Sim Routes Administrator

simroutes300.jpg

Garry Morris 920567
Posted
Posted

True Jim, but since your view consists of a grey wall 10 months out of the year, people rarely realize you HAVE a view.

Jim Machintosh 880828
Posted
Posted

Jim Machintosh - ZAB C1

ZAB Staff Alumni

25tey52.jpg

Sim Routes Administrator

simroutes300.jpg

Josh Hjemvick 811983
Posted
Posted

Oh boy. . . you live in FLL? I'm so screwed in a year.

CMEL.CSEL.IA.AGI.CFI.CFII.MEI.CRJ2.FO.Furloughed

Part of the Acey 80

811983.png