You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

xsquakbox help xp11

Kristian Perkins 1401219

Kristian Perkins 1401219
Posted
Posted

hey guys, sorry to be a noob but. i'm struggling with xsquakbox on xp11. it tells me to go to aircraft and situations to allow more aircraft. where the heck is this?? it stops if i put ai traffic on but, i then have ai traffic as well. any help would be grateley recieved.

Duncan White
Posted
Posted

The error message refers to where the setting was found in XP10 rather than XP11.

Just add 2 AI Aircraft to stop the message. (Its the equivalent setting in XP11)

When XSquawkbox is in the plugins folder, it automatically disables the AI Aircraft feature in X-Plane.

However for XSquawkbox to be able to display VATSIM traffic in X-Plane it needs a value of 2 or more in AI Aircraft.

I have always used 2, which works perfectly fine.

Its explained better in the XSquawkbox manual

ie

XSquawkBox was not able to start up multiplayer visuals because another plugin is

controlling aircraft.

Only one X-plane plugin can control X-Plane's other aircraft at a time. If another plugin is doing

this, XSquawkBox will not be able to show visuals. This can also happen if you have two copies of

XSquawkBox installed. You cannot run with the IVAO and VATSIM versions of XSquawkBox at the

same time.

&

XSquawkBox requires the "number of other aircraft" rendering setting in X-Plane to be set to more

than one aircraft or it cannot display other aircraft. This warning indicates that your rendering

settings are incorrect. You must restart X-Plane once fixing these settings for XSquawkBox to work

properly.

• 1 year later...
Ryan Gregg 1221035
Posted
Posted

How do I set the ai aircraft to more then 2 so my plane and another one, cause the ai aircraft post just allows me to add ai aircraft not set a number as you've stated above ?

Andreas Fuchs
Posted
Posted

Hi Ryan,

have a look on the menu where you setup your flight. Above the type of aircraft you will find a button through which you can access the AI aircraft settings.