You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Didn't disconnect before shutting down sim.

Kieran Hennighan 1375312

Kieran Hennighan 1375312
Posted
Posted

Hey,

So today I shutdown my sim before logging off. Is this harmful towards the sim? Can it corrupt files?

Robert Shearman Jr
Posted
Posted

Shouldn't be an issue. Once your Pilot Client stops getting position updates from your sim, it will stop reporting your position to the network and most likely disconnect you from VATSIM automatically (depends on which one, I guess). In any case, not harmful.

Cheers,
-R.

fvJfs7z.png

Kieran Hennighan 1375312
Posted
Posted
Shouldn't be an issue. Once your Pilot Client stops getting position updates from your sim, it will stop reporting your position to the network and most likely disconnect you from VATSIM automatically (depends on which one, I guess). In any case, not harmful.

Thanks so it wont corrupt aircraft files?

Robert Shearman Jr
Posted
Posted

I mean, shutting down something improperly always has the potential to mess something up, but, no more or less because you're connected to VATSIM versus not connected to VATSIM.

I know that's probably not a super helpful answer but I think maybe I'm not understanding the question.

Cheers,
-R.

fvJfs7z.png

Kieran Hennighan 1375312
Posted
Posted
I mean, shutting down something improperly always has the potential to mess something up, but, no more or less because you're connected to VATSIM versus not connected to VATSIM.

I know that's probably not a super helpful answer but I think maybe I'm not understanding the question.

The sim is being shut down properly just with vatsim connected. Just worried it would cause file corruption.

Ryan Savara 1369362
Posted
Posted

No it shouldn't be an issue. The pilot clients only report your position, through SimConnect or fsuipc. Neither interact directly with any files, even for traffic injection

Senior Student (S3)

Chicago ARTCC Events Coordinator