You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Mishaps with the default FSX EHAM

Fredric Greenblott 1346549

Posted
Posted

So today I was going to fly KLM432 from EHAM-EGSS and I got clearance and pushed back. I informed ATC that I had the default Schiphol and thy gave me directions to taxi to 36L, then to 36C. When I followed their taxiway instructions, I found I was heading to Runway 9. When I looked at the chart for present-day Schiphol and an overhead view of the airport in my sim, I noticed 36L and C were completely nonexistent and so were their taxiways. I have no idea if 36L/C is even IN the default Schiphol. I kept referring to the chart from modern-day Schiphol, but it was apparent that I would have to taxi across a non-existent taxiway to a non-existent runway. It just wouldn't work. Either what I saw was a glitch in the terrain or the default EHAM is that outdated.

What should I do? (Apart from buying a payware version of Schiphol of course.)

System Specs: Core i7-7700K OC'ed to 5.0GHz, 16GB Ballistix DDR4-2400 RAM, OC'ed NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti, 80GB HDD + 1TB External HDD

18.png

Sean Harrison
Posted
Posted (edited)

disregarded.

Edited by Guest

Sean

C1/O P3

spacer.png

Dace Nicmane
Posted
Posted
I noticed 36L and C were completely nonexistent and so were their taxiways

18R/36L is the newest runway, but 18C/36C should be there. I've seen people announce landing on 18R, then landing on 18C. I figured they had old scenery. Are you saying you have only one 18/36?

Usually controllers are aware of outdated layouts and give the pilot another runway/taxiway that he or she has.

KntU2Cw.jpg

Posted
Posted
I noticed 36L and C were completely nonexistent and so were their taxiways

18R/36L is the newest runway, but 18C/36C should be there. I've seen people announce landing on 18R, then landing on 18C. I figured they had old scenery. Are you saying you have only one 18/36?

Usually controllers are aware of outdated layouts and give the pilot another runway/taxiway that he or she has.

Yes, as weird as it sounds, I only have one 18/36. It has to be a scenery bug. I have FTX OpenLC Europe installed, so there may be some conflict there.

System Specs: Core i7-7700K OC'ed to 5.0GHz, 16GB Ballistix DDR4-2400 RAM, OC'ed NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti, 80GB HDD + 1TB External HDD

18.png

Thimo Koolen
Posted
Posted

Hi there, one of the Vatsim EHAM controllers here!

What sim are you using? FSX should have the 18R/36L (Polderbaan) runway. If you are using FS9/FS2004, the Polderbaan isn't included in the default scenery. There is addon scenery available to add this runway to your FS9/FS2004 sim. See below.

If you use FSX, try the AFCAD in the link below. Be sure to create some backups first!

https://www.dutchvacc.nl/index.php?option=com_phocadownload&view=category&id=2:amsterdam-airport-schiphol-eham&Itemid=119

How did your departure out of Schiphol end? Did you find the runway or did you depart from a different runway with ATC help? You can always request a different runway to the controller (preferably the delivery controller (or lowest position online). The controller will coordinate with other positions if necessairy.

spacer.png

ACCNL4 (Training Director) - Dutch VACC

Posted
Posted
Hi there, one of the Vatsim EHAM controllers here!

What sim are you using? FSX should have the 18R/36L (Polderbaan) runway. If you are using FS9/FS2004, the Polderbaan isn't included in the default scenery. There is addon scenery available to add this runway to your FS9/FS2004 sim. See below.

If you use FSX, try the AFCAD in the link below. Be sure to create some backups first!

https://www.dutchvacc.nl/index.php?option=com_phocadownload&view=category&id=2:amsterdam-airport-schiphol-eham&Itemid=119

How did your departure out of Schiphol end? Did you find the runway or did you depart from a different runway with ATC help? You can always request a different runway to the controller (preferably the delivery controller (or lowest position online). The controller will coordinate with other positions if necessairy.

I am using FSX Steam Edition. I will download the AFCAD that you sent me. After many reroutes and delays, I ended up departing off of Runway 36R, and I just intercepted the 100 degree radial from the Schiphol VOR to get back to my SID. Next time I fly out of Schiphol, I'll make sure to update it!

18.png