You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Can't file flightplan.

Reece Upadhyay 1347082

Reece Upadhyay 1347082
Posted
Posted

Hello,

I tried to file a flight plan from PFPX through the website although it gave me the error "an unrecognised response was recieved from the server. It said: ". So it wouldn't let me file it. So I decided to File through vpilot. It let me connect and it said "flight plan filed" but it said no flight plan was found when trying to fetch it. I was running a wired connection but switched to wireless because of access issues. I have run the client as admin, allowed it through firewall and installed simconnect through EVS in redist folder or whatever it is

How could I solve the issue, cheers

Bradley Grafelman
Posted
Posted

Can you take a screenshot of the flight plan window in vPilot once you've filled it out with your flight plan (e.g. right before you'd file it and the window would close)?

Robert Shearman Jr
Posted
Posted

Just for a stab in the dark at a quick fix, I've heard of bugs and glitches filing flightplans related to either the comment field length or total length being too long. I'm not sure what the character limits are so perhaps someone else can provide more details. But, as a first troubleshooting step, try filing the same exact flightplan but with *blank* remarks and see what happens.

Most of the remarks that third-party flightplanning apps add are extraneous anyway.

Cheers,
-R.

fvJfs7z.png

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

The maximum number of characters allowed in a flight plan is 768. PFPX is notorious for adding a bunch of extraneous stuff, particularly in the comments field.

viewtopic.php?t=66191&f=43#p474476

Don Desfosse
Vice President, Operations