You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Help Getting Started As A Pilot

KooperJames Archis 1392648

Posted
Posted

Hi you! Just one question. I recently joined VATSIM as a pilot, (I must say, I am loving it!) however I wanted to start ATCing. I am not sure how to setup my account, I am aware I need training, however, because I signed up as a pilot, I am not sure how to change it to controller/pilot. (I would prefer to do both). Can anyone give me guidance?

Bahaeddine El-Zarif
Posted
Posted
Hi you! Just one question. I recently joined VATSIM as a pilot, (I must say, I am loving it!) however I wanted to start ATCing. I am not sure how to setup my account, I am aware I need training, however, because I signed up as a pilot, I am not sure how to change it to controller/pilot. (I would prefer to do both). Can anyone give me guidance?

Kooper,

If I was in your shoes, I would contact the division or vACC I am a member of to get set up on ATC training.

Bradley Grafelman
Posted
Posted

You could contact them... but it's quite possible that they already provide all of the necessary information to get you going.

The Training link under ATC on the main VATSIM website gives a rough explanation of what ATC is on VATSIM and how to get started on becoming one ("Joining A Division").

Posted
Posted

Thank you for your help guys! Happy flying/controlling!