You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

ES 3.2, P3D V4, VPilot & Towerview

James Crisp 1377989

James Crisp 1377989
Posted
Posted

Hey so I made the switch to P3D V4, finally got it all setup and getting back into controlling, I load up Euroscope with no major issues, load up P3D V4, Load into Tower Controller View, then load vPilot (All as Administrator), type the .towerview command into vPilot, it says connected as an observer, but nothing appears in my P3D client, I do .aircraft to see if it's doing anything it's not registering any aircraft to load.

I'm kinda stuck between is this a Euroscope issue, that it's not telling vPilot the information it needs (the proxy server is running), a vPilot issue where it's not reading properly, or just that it can't inject traffic into P3D V4 using the towerview command (model matching works correctly when flying normally).

• 3 weeks later...
Bjoern Helge Smaavollan
Posted
Posted

Have you installed latest beta for ES?

You require at least beta r.12

Evan Reiter
Posted
Posted

James,

I'm not familiar with EuroScope, but Ross' latest vSTARS client has the capability to use vPilot in proxy mode to connect a virtual tower view using Prepar3D or FSX. Was this what you were looking for? Or does EuroScope also work with vPilot to achieve the same thing?

spacer.png

Evan Reiter
Boston Virtual ARTCC/ZBW Community Manager

Morten Jelle
Posted
Posted

You need to open ES and start a proxy connection, to get connected as observer using the .towerview command. However, it sounds like, you are not using the latest version of Euroscope.

Morten Jelle

VATSIM Network Supervisor, Team Lead - Supervisor Team 1

spacer.png