You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

vPilot and FSX default Cessna 172

Andrej Sitar 1402754

Andrej Sitar 1402754
Posted
Posted

Hi all,

Im trying to get work VOICE communication between my default Cessna 172 and ATC.

But when I dial ATC frequency inside an airplane, nothing happens.. A can see that freqency in vPilot window in COM1, but ATC cant see me on their frequency and TX, RX labes are not ON (illuminated)

Everything works great e.g. with my Airbus A32X.

Thanks in advance..

Bradley Grafelman
Posted
Posted

It could be that either the Master or Avionics power switches aren't turned on. vPilot requires both of those in order for the radios to work. If you can't find the actual switches for both of those, you could try [Mod - Happy Thoughts]igning a hotkey to them in the Options -> Settings -> Controls window and using that to toggle them.

If that doesn't help, can you post a screenshot of the vPilot window?

Andrej Sitar 1402754
Posted
Posted

Ok I will double-check those switches state but I bet it was ON, as avionics works and engine was running.

Robert Shearman Jr
Posted
Posted

If I understood your first post that you dialed the frequency using the in-sim radio, then yeah, your simulated radios most likely had power.

Can we [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ume that the controller whose frequency you dialed up was one that was listed in your in-range controller list, on the left side of the vPilot window? If you look up their frequency on VATtastic or VAT-Spy or something like that, but don't see it in your available ATC list in vPilot, it means they're out of range.

Apologies if these are simple, "duh" solutions. Just trying to start with the simplest explanations and work up. Best of luck!

Cheers,
-R.

fvJfs7z.png

Markus Schober 1328585
Posted
Posted
I bet it was ON, as avionics works

Better don't bet on it because I remember being fooled by what seemed to be a glitch in FSX where the avionics power was off but the radios were lit and could be tuned, but no communication with ATC was possible. What helped me realize what was going on was the buzzing sound of vPilot when I pressed the push-to-talk button (the sound that also occurs when you try to transmit on an invalid frequency).

Markus

Andrej Sitar 1402754
Posted
Posted

Hey guys, problem solved by Bradley's suggestion.

After loading FSX with Cessna 172 the engine is started, but MASTER SWITCH is OFF.

Just turn it ON and everything works as a charm..

THX