You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

XSquawkBox 1.3.3 - red text hard to read

Michael Dee 1402837

Michael Dee 1402837
Posted
Posted

Hello,

I am a newbie to VATSIM and I'm just trying to get things setup. Is there any possible way to change the red text in the connection/dialog window? I find it very difficult to read. Please keep in mind that my setup consists of three 1920x1080 screens. I can read all other text within XP-11 perfectly fine. (i.e. the Plugin Mgr etc) It just seems that the red text can be challenging to read. Is it possible to modify a file and make a color change? Thank you in advance for any help. Mike

• 1 month later...
Carlos Avalle 1405789
Posted
Posted

Hello. Did you ever figure out how to do this? I'm in the same situation. Have also been trying to find a way to increase the text box font size but no luck yet. Thanks!

Juan Perez
Posted
Posted

I have problems for read too. It would be a great help and I think no so much work for developers add an option for select text colour and size.

• 3 weeks later...
Michael Dee 1402837
Posted
Posted

Unfortunately no helpful comments have appeared in this forum. I'm glad I'm not the only user having this experience. I will try contacting the XSquawkBox developers directly.

Jan Naslund
Posted
Posted

Hi,

I agree. I feel that the text is generally hard to read. The green and the red but the red is most difficult.

I would like to fix this as well but i have no idea on how to go about it.

Br / Jan

Josh Glottmann
Posted
Posted

Perhaps reading through forum posts in the actual XSB support forum would help. Multiple users have noted how it is difficult to read the text, to which the developer responded:

No. I'll have to dig around a bit to work out where the colours come from but I'm pretty sure they're hardcoded in XSB itself - I can probably add twiddles to the config for the next release, and sort out UI later. I have added a todo item to that effect.

PSA: Feature Requests. tl;dr post in the proper forum, do not contact the developer directly.