You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

vPilot with Voice on 2 client PCs

Vu Viet Phuong

Vu Viet Phuong
Posted
Posted

Hi Ross,

I am running latest 2.1.7 vPilot Host (no voice) on Simulator PC.

There are 2 other client PCs which run on the same network.

vPilot voice client is only run on 1 PC only, the other client PC have to run without voice.

My question is, is there anyway to use vPilot with voice on 2 or more client PCs ?

I need both Captain and FO side is able to communicate with voice.

Thanks,

Phuong Vu

Vu Viet Phuong

Vietnam Cambodia Laos vACC

ACCVCL1

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

No, only one copy of vPilot can connect to voice at a time.

Even if I did set up vPilot to allow two copies to use voice at the same time, both the captain and FO would have to be on the same frequency, since FSX/P3D only allow one COM radio to be configured for transmit at a time.

I believe other home cockpit users have set up software that will mix two audio devices together into a single virtual audio device, which would allow you to have each pilot with his own headset, both talking through the same vPilot instance. Not 100% sure about that though.

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Vu Viet Phuong
Posted
Posted

Hi Ross,

Thanks for your response.

I believe vPilot previous version 2.1.6 is able to have 2 remote PCs with voice. I just had 1 session with 2.1.6 , I have tested with some online ATCs. Both clients PC can run Remote Mode with voice.

Remote#02 automatically sync the active frequency which shown in remote#01.

Vu Viet Phuong

Vietnam Cambodia Laos vACC

ACCVCL1

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

Yeah that sounds right, but it was a mistake in 2.1.6 ... 2.1.7 fixes it. In 2.1.6 the issue was that the PTT on any of the three machines would trigger transmission from any voice remote. Plus they will both use the same callsign on the voice server and that could cause unknown issues.

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC