You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

FSX Disappearing Scenery Objects in VC

Joshua Black

Joshua Black
Posted
Posted

I've started having some issues with ground objects disappearing at airports... mainly taxi lighting, signage, or markings. It seems to be most evident at some of the payware airports, but not all. At first I thought it was a flightbeam issue, but I realize it's also some of my fsdreamteam sceneries. Flytampa doesn't seem to have this issue.

It seems to occasionally happen when I'm in the virtual cockpit of any aircraft model. At times, it seems like all is well, but as soon as I begin taxing, things start disappearing. Occasionally if I simply pan the camera left or right, it might appear for a minute or two. If I skip to the exterior view, everything appears as it should... even in the wing views. I've messed around with the display settings a bit, but nothing seems to work.

My first instinct was an issue with Chaseplane, but even with Chaseplane not running, it happens.

Using FSX SP2

Windows 10

Steve's DX10 fixer and Cloud Shadows

Chaseplane

And various models including PMDG, FSLabs, Majestic Software, Aerosoft. (Although the issue remains the same with default aircraft as well)

Suggestions?

Joshua Black

Joshua Black
Posted
Posted

Figured i out... it has to do with the zoom of the camera. Apparently developers like FSDreamteam like to optimize their products by having a zoom limit of 0.70 before scenery objects begin disappearing... which IMHO sucks since a 0.70 zoom in the VC is very limiting to what is in your field of view.

If anyone has any work around for this, let me know!

Joshua Black

Christoph Reule 1379750
Posted
Posted

I've the same issue in my FSX. Indeed, it's to do with the zoom setting (mine is set to 1.0, and sometimes mainly buildings start disappearing when panning the view). No workaround known from my side, unfortunately...

Joshua Black
Posted
Posted

I think I found a solution. In the FSX config, there's an entry called "WideViewAspect." For me it was set to false by default. Upon changing it to "True" it provided me with a nice wide field of view allowing me to zoom in more.

Give it a go!

Joshua Black