You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

New Sim Controller, Old Actual Controller

Scott Nebeker 1403792

Scott Nebeker 1403792
Posted
Posted

Hey all!

I've finally gone and decided to join-up.

I spent a long time in the USAF as an Air Traffic Controller with both Tower and Radar certifications. I've got "Enthusiast" marked in my profile instead of the designation of real-life controller simply because I'm not CURRENTLY a controller. That said, I'm about as close as one can be to an actual controller without a pink-card.

Cheers!

Scott Nebeker

(I'm not advertising by doing this, I'm simply showing what I currently do. THIS is a piece that's in progress it'll be finalized in the coming days.)

Andreas Fuchs
Posted
Posted

Hi Scott,

great to have you with us, it is a privilege to have current of former real world aviators with our group here as we can profit a lot from the knowledge!

Cheers from an active ATPL-holder

Joseph Jucha 1343412
Posted
Posted

Welcome Scott. The best part about VATSIM is you can drink while you work!

I used to fix consoles and radios, now I get to run them! I I never spill coffee in my workstation.

I got to the door!

Joseph Jucha 1343412
Posted
Posted

Of course not! That would be alcohol abuse and as you may recall from the military, you have to go to special cl[Mod - Happy Thoughts]es for that.

Seriously, there will be a few items that won't quite jibe with real world, some steps we need to do by the book every time without shortcuts.

After a few clearances you'll understand why. Overall you will fall right back into it.

I got to the door!

Basil Viji 1404160
Posted
Posted

Of course not! That would be alcohol abuse and as you may recall from the military, you have to go to special cl[Mod - Happy Thoughts]es for that.

Seriously, there will be a few items that won't quite jibe with real world, some steps we need to do by the book every time without shortcuts.

After a few clearances you'll understand why. Overall you will fall right back into it.

• 2 months later...
Robert Pike 1410767
Posted
Posted

Greetings,

Also new sim, old controller, just joined today. 30 years FAA Southern Region, retired 2004 from KPNS ATCT.

Regards, Robert Pike

"RW"

"That's not gonna work..ooops"