You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

VATSIM Oceania Pilot Training Program

Ray Lang

Ray Lang
Posted
Posted

8LBTrCg.png

u559tvN.png pilot training program is a voluntary system that is open to each and every member of VATSIM. You can find more information about Pilot Training at the dedicated Pilot Training website.

The training for each rating will be provided by VATSIM Oceania Authorized Training Organization (ATO). ATOs are third party training providers who have undergone a certification audit by VATSIM's central pilot training team to ensure the quality of the program meets or exceeds VATSIM's docomeented standards for each rating and for how ATO administer the training to member pilots. The ATO awards VATSIM Pilot Ratings once the student has completed all required coursework successfully.

If you are looking to sharpen old skills or master new skills, please use our ATOs to help you learn the finer points of online flying with VATSIM to become the most proficient pilot you can be!

Ray Lang

Vatsim Senior Supervisor

Pacific Oceanic Partnership Admin

Have a question? Email [email protected]

spacer.png

Cam Tyson
Posted
Posted

Hello all,

If you haven’t heard the news VATOCE is now an ATO! Which can be found here: www.vatoce.net/training. This now means that you don’t have to go to some American based ATO and learn things that are way out of your convert zone! Also, because we are planning to do P2-P5 this means we are looking for instructors. In this role, you will train in either New Zealand or Australia with the respective training teams in just that country flying around the skies with your student. So why not join us at VATOCE ATO as a pilot instructor? If this is you and you are looking a rewarding and beneficial career within the region and helping new pilots unlocking their full potential, then WE NEED YOU! Please apply here: https://goo.gl/forms/YDeIBF7UP7iOoNut1 and be quick applications close on the September the 25th at 2359 Zulu. If you have any questions don’t hesitate to contact me at [email protected].

Kind Regards,

Cam Tyson

VATOCE ATO CFI

Cam Tyson
ATC Training Director

VATSIM Network Supervisor

## [email protected]
Facebook Twitter Instagram

VATNZ - VATSIM New Zealand

• 2 weeks later...
Cam Tyson
Posted
Posted

Hello all,

Applications are now closed for the VATOCE ATO. The calibre of the applications for New Zealand were very high and it made my job very hard to be able to select the right applicants for the job. I would first like to thank all the people that applied for the role and taking the time to fill out an application form and Daniel and I were very impressed by these applications. But, I am pleased to announce the following people as the instructors for the New Zealand Team at VATOCE ATO:

Oliver Holmwood

Liam Sutherland

These three and myself take on the role of teaching all of you for your P2,3,4 and 5 courses as they come out and take you for [Mod - Happy Thoughts]essments for those ratings.

Once again congratulations guys and I look forward to working with you all.

--------------------------

Australian Team will be announced later on in this thread and on VATPAC's forums

Cam Tyson
ATC Training Director

VATSIM Network Supervisor

## [email protected]
Facebook Twitter Instagram

VATNZ - VATSIM New Zealand