You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

P3d v4 addon xml and vpilot

victor roos 1014774

victor roos 1014774
Posted
Posted

Hi all

I noticed that vpilot doesn't recognize the AI that is added via the xml addon (mananger)

Is that correct, is there a way to fix that?

vkr

victor.

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

What add on manager are you referring to?

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Bjoern Helge Smaavollan
Posted
Posted

I believe he is talking about the new way to add addons in P3dV4 where you use addons.xml to activate your addons.

However, vPilot uses the Simobjects folder and shouldn't be dependent on what is activated? Maybe there needs to be an entry in simobjects.cfg for it to work, but I don't believe addon-xml is required.

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

I would still like to know what the OP means by add-on "manager". There are numerous third party applications, some of which may modify or create addon.xml files, some of which may not.

vPilot definitely does not look at addon.xml when scanning models ... it only looks at simobjects.cfg.

Nico Kaan
Posted
Posted

vPilot definitely does not look at addon.xml when scanning models ... it only looks at simobjects.cfg.

Hi Ross,

Then you will miss the AI aircraft that are added via LMs preferred way, via an add-on.xml file ..

Regards

Nico

Nico Kaan

Developer: PSXseeconTraffic, ParkPosGenerator and AILGenerator

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

Yeah, as I mentioned above, I'm aware of the addon.xml files. At some point I will add support for them.

Victor, please reply and let me know what you mean by add on manager. I'm also curious which AI package(s) you are referring to.

• 1 month later...
Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

I've uploaded v2.1.10 in the Beta release channel, this release adds the ability to detect SimObject paths via the add on xml files.

• Board of Governors
Tim Barber
Posted
Posted
I've uploaded v2.1.10 in the Beta release channel, this release adds the ability to detect SimObject paths via the add on xml files.

Thanks Ross....worked like a charm.

Tim Barber

VATSIM President