You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Black Cursor

Torrell Booker 1063844

Torrell Booker 1063844
Posted
Posted

Hello ,

I recently built a new PC, but have an issue with the plus sign-shaped cursor in VSTARS and VERAM. It's black and blends into the radar display so I am unable to see it. I didn't have this issue on my Windows 10 laptop and this is the first time I've seen it. VRC appears to work fine. Any help would be much appreciated.

If it helps:

Windows 10 64 bit

Asus 1080 TI OC

Asus 4k UHD monitor

Thanks!

CPTF-22.png

• 3 weeks later...
Torrell Booker 1063844
Posted
Posted

Bump.

CPTF-22.png

Dominic Nguyen
Posted
Posted

Did you allow the application to install directx?

Torrell Booker 1063844
Posted
Posted

I just did an uninstall and a reinstall of VSTARS to be sure and yes the box to install the DirectX update was checked. Unfortunately, the problem persists.

CPTF-22.png

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

You mentioned vSTARS and vERAM in your original post, but those two applications use different cursors. I'll [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ume you are talking just about the vSTARS cursor, since that's the only one that uses a cross (plus sign.)

Can you post a screenshot of the black cursor? Maybe try to hover it over a data block so that I can see its shape.

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

Torrell, are you using high DPI settings in Windows?

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Torrell Booker 1063844
Posted
Posted

I apologize gentlemen, I just got back into town. I'm not 100% sure what did it, but the problem is resolved on both ERAM and STARS. Maybe it was a restart after the last time I installed both clients and DirectX. I was not using any custom scaling by the way. Thanks for your time and help guys.

CPTF-22.png

• 4 months later...
Torrell Booker 1063844
Posted
Posted

Well nevermind I guess because the problem returned. I can post a picture of what the VSTARS cursor looks like on the side knobs for you, but when it's over the map section of the screen, it completely disappears. DPI settings are at 100% with no scaling. Version is 1.7 as I tried updating last night but that did not seem to fix the problem.

https://imgur.com/gallery/OWtr9

CPTF-22.png