You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Intel Processor

Arthur Melton

Arthur Melton
Posted
Posted

Is it correct that if I install an Intel i7 7700 [email protected] along with Windows 7 64 bit it will be incompatible ,Thanks

Trevor Hannant
Posted
Posted

Where did you read that and what were the reasons posted for it's incompatibility?

Trevor Hannant

Arthur Melton
Posted
Posted

See Google

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

Knowing that there are billions and billions of pages on Google, and knowing that some might see your "See Google" response as snarky, and not remembering you ever being snarky on the VATSIM forums, and wanting to learn something new, I did indeed look on Google. There are dozens, if not hundreds of pages, saying that processor will not work with Win7.

[snarky]And it's on the internet, so it's gotta be true! [/snarky]

(Just teasing a little, of course! )

Don Desfosse
Vice President, Operations

• 1 month later...
Arthur Melton
Posted
Posted

The reason I asked the question was because my computer expert[being snarky] just did a rebuild for me and installed Win 10 which I wasn't happy with and suggested he removed Win 10 and reinstall Win 7 to which he replied that it "couldn't be done"!!!.,for the reasons mentioned on google, therefore it would appear that I am stuck with it.

Magnus Meese
Posted
Posted

Anyone who tries to use Google as a reference has taken a wrong turn somewhere. It's not a source, it's a search engine, period.

As for 64x win7 on your system, I can't understand why that would be. Why not just try to install win7? And if it for some reason won't work, why not just learn to live with win10? It's not that bad of an OS, and you'll feel less frustrated if you meet the OS at a work computer or anywhere else.