You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

VP Command

Andrew Morkunas

Andrew Morkunas
Posted
Posted

Does any one have and example of the use of the VP command, to create a basic flight plan, in vERAM?

Andrew Morkunas

spacer.png

Twitch: padre_andrew ATC Simulations

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

Did you try it using the syntax shown in the command reference?

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Andrew Morkunas
Posted
Posted

That is what is confusing, I either get an error "MESSAGE TOO LONG" or "MESSAGE TOO SHORT." I see the syntax - I was hoping for an example.

Andrew Morkunas

spacer.png

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

Try separating the route elements with a period instead of spaces. I don't have the code in front of me, but I think that's the right syntax.

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Evan Reiter
Posted
Posted

I use this command quite frequently. There are a few tricks.

First, the aircraft has to be tracked and in the air. Second, the tracked aircraft has to not already have an active flight plan. So you can't, for example, create a flight plan for guy that might call on the ground with a VFR request; you need to write down his information, wait for him to get in the air, then track him and use the VP command.

An example would be "VP C172/U BOS N12345". You can't put an airport in there (but it could be multiple waypoints such as "BOS.V268.GRAYM"). If you want to modify the aircraft's arrival airport, you can do that by using the "AM N12345 RTE BOS.KBOS}" (remember, } becomes a down arrow on ERAM) command after the initial flight plan is entered.

spacer.png

Evan Reiter
Boston Virtual ARTCC/ZBW Community Manager

Josh Glottmann
Posted
Posted

Sometimes I find it easier to open up the flightplan window to enter a route (even though its unrealistic and all). The problem is you can't SR a plane if they haven't filed a flightplan. The trick around this is by adding a voice tag ("QB V N346G") and then you can SR them and edit the route/info that way.

Andrew Morkunas
Posted
Posted

Thanks Evan that's what I was looking for. The situation is that the VP command could be used is for that VFR aircraft with no flight plan that wants flight following to needs to traverse a Cl[Mod - Happy Thoughts] B.

Andrew Morkunas

spacer.png