You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Incorrect Longest Flight Stats

Jayme Nava 1349207

Jayme Nava 1349207
Posted
Posted

On Vataware, where you can check my longest flight, it says: KBOS-CYYZ (21 Hours). Which I know is false is there anyway this bug can be reset or modified? https://vataware.com/pilot/1349207

Thanks for reading.

• Board of Governors
Matthew Cianfarani
Posted
Posted

Hi Jayme,

Vataware is a third party application that is not run by VATSIM itself. I would suggest trying to reach out to the developers of Vataware for direct [Mod - Happy Thoughts]istance.

Matthew Cianfarani
Vice President , Technology 
VATSIM Board of Governors

Trent Hopkinson
Posted
Posted

Vataware isn't run by Vatsim. It merely polls the server data once every 2 to 5 minutes, and then publishes that data on their own website.

Contacts for the developers of vataware are listed on their website

http://beta.vataware.com/about/team

qfafin.png

Trent Hopkinson YMML. www.youtube.com/musicalaviator WorldFlight 2002,2008,2009, 2011, 2012, 2013 & 2015

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

If you do contact them, you may want to let them know that they appear to be pulling your arrival time of 21:07 and counting that as your duration.

Don Desfosse
Vice President, Operations

Thimo Koolen
Posted
Posted

Shortest flight can bug as well:

svzOrEx.png

spacer.png

ACCNL4 (Training Director) - Dutch VACC

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

You've gone back in time! Back to the future!

Don Desfosse
Vice President, Operations

Jim Hurst 1353723
Posted
Posted

Interesting (and amusing).

Mind you, that's not the only issue with Vataware. For instance, I'm still trying to figure out why the default FSX F18 (Canadian livery) is listed as "Private: (Lithuania)" in Vataware (see this link of an F18 flight). In fact, as far as I can tell, Lithuania doesn't even operate F18's, at least according to this site.

The Air base consists of HQ, Air operation group and Operational support group. The Air base operates following aircrafts: Letov L-410 UVP Turbolet, Mi-8MTV, C-27J Spartan, L-39ZA Albatross and AS 365N3+ „Dauphin".

Go Figure.

Cheers,

Jim

Kieran Hine
Posted
Posted
Interesting (and amusing).

Mind you, that's not the only issue with Vataware. For instance, I'm still trying to figure out why the default FSX F18 (Canadian livery) is listed as "Private: (Lithuania)" in Vataware (see this link of an F18 flight). In fact, as far as I can tell, Lithuania doesn't even operate F18's, at least according to this site.

The Air base consists of HQ, Air operation group and Operational support group. The Air base operates following aircrafts: Letov L-410 UVP Turbolet, Mi-8MTV, C-27J Spartan, L-39ZA Albatross and AS 365N3+ „Dauphin".

Go Figure.

Cheers,

Jim

Likely as your callsign begins with LY, which is the Lithuanian registration prefix.

Bradley Grafelman
Posted
Posted
Likely as your callsign begins with LY, which is the Lithuanian registration prefix.

Wouldn't only letters be used? (Or does it work like ITU prefixes, where the range "LY-AAA to LY-ZZZ", which includes the entire alphabet, also includes numbers?) Either way, I suspect you're right.

Jim Hurst 1353723
Posted
Posted

That's very interesting. As can be seen in the Vataware link, the callsign is "LYNX41", so it does begin with "LY". I chose "LYNX" (and a flight number) from a list of military aircraft callsigns, in this case, the sign for F-18 flights out of Cold Lake, Alberta (416 Sqn) as noted by this pdf docomeent, since that is the group I was simulating. Evidently Vataware only [Mod - Happy Thoughts]umes civil aviation flights (and probably known airline codes).

Thanks for the plausible explanation, Kieran -- now I can quit making a bald spot from scratching my head over that one.

Cheers,

Jim

Jayme Nava 1349207
Posted
Posted

Thanks for the feedback, much appreciated.